Sunday, June 17, 2012

Before we had kids, Nate and I watched a show one night about a 4 year old boy who was super muscular. This boy was insane. He was solid muscle, had a six pack, and when he flexed, there was just muscle everywhere. Nate and I were amazed at this kid and so was everyone else, hence the reason they did a show about him. It was just not normal to have THAT much muscle as a child.


Then, Hailey was born and boy was she chubby. No lie.


(Hailey at 7mo.)

Then, little by little, she slimmed out.  Nate and I started noticing how much muscle this girl had. She has the tightest/flattest stomach of any kid i've ever seen. When she laughs, you can see the ripples. It really isn't surprising given her energy. She never stops.
Now, I can't help but think of that show of the little boy when I see pictures like this:


I tried to find some others that are similar to this crazy muscle shot, but it was taking me too long and I'm really tired. 

She definitely does not get her muscles or athleticism from me, that's for sure. I'm grateful for her energy and i'm grateful for her fearless-ness. I'm grateful for her spunk and he happy personality. She sings constantly. She's always asking me to teach her new songs.  Every time she hears Michael Jackson on the radio, she says "mom, turn it up! It's Michael Jackson!" And, she's right every time. She's smart, she's enthusiastic. She's easy to please. She loves making new friends and talking to people. She obeys. She rarely argues. She loves snuggles. She is the first to calm Addy when she's sad. She loves trying new things.

After seeing this picture, it's got me thinking. Maybe I should just follow her around all day for week and do exactly what she does and I could probably do pretty well at dropping some weight and building some muscle.  At least she has me motivated. 


3 comments:

Allison said...

I still have that picture of her in my wallet! She's got awesome muscle tone now, go Hailey!

Unknown said...

I'm going to start calling her She-ra! She is a beast!

Carmen said...

Love it! She is such a doll and I completely forgot how truly chubby she was. So cute and SO much energy.