Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Climbing the " Y "

Nate realized he'd be home this past Saturday which was Conference Weekend. Knowing that the girls would have many moments of boredom, we decided to break up the day a bit with a little family trip up the mountain. Hailey has done this once before with Nate, but Addy and I were first timers. I climbed the 'Y' with my young women, but had to come down prematurely with a few girls that were struggling.  This time, we made it to the very top and it was very rewarding.  Addy and Hailey had a blast along the way climbing rocks and playing in the dirt. I had a few panic moments with my girls just being so fearless. 


I absolutely love these two girls. They are just awesome. And, I love that they love each other so much.


Nate declared "i'm the king of the mountain"




Nate called this picture 'the chosen one'


This picture was taken for my Father-in-law.  Nate tells me this story about when he was a kid and his dad made them hike the 'Y' STRAIGHT UP. No trail people, straight up.






My favorite picture. . . Hailey picking her nose. Classic.


On the way up, we were at this switchback when this guy came up and told us he was there to video tape his friend propose at the top. He then asked us if he could ask us a couple questions on video for the happy couple. We agreed and the questions were:

' What advice would you give to the newlyweds?'
our answer: COMMUNICATION
'What would you do differently?"
Our answer: go out more and take advantage of alone time.

Once we got to the top, we witnessed a VERY akward proposal. It was pretty awesome.

This was an adventure I will never ever forget. I'm sentimental, what can I say. I'm super proud of my little munchkins.

1 comment:

The Staheli's said...

WAY TO GO!!! I really want to climb it again. The sign made me laugh. That was an unforgettable hike...for sure. :)