Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Little Humor

This last week I have really been leaning on my girls for some emotional stability and let me tell you, these girls are my rocks.  They are pure, they are happy, they are sweet.  All traits that were a blessing to be around this last week.

A couple conversations occurred that I thought were totally blog worthy.

Addy

We were up at grandma and grandpa's house swimming and Addy got out to take a little break from the pool.  She was drying off when this conversation happened.

Addy:    "mom, when are we moving?"
Me:        "we aren't moving."
Addy:     "but when are we moving?"
Me:        "Addy, we aren't going to move."

Addy looks at me with a worried look.

Me:         "Addy, did you WANT to move?"
Addy:      " yeah. "
Me:        " Well, where do you want to move?"

After looking at me for a second with a shy look...

Addy:     "where does Justin Bieber live?"

I start to smile a bit...

Me:        "He lives in California"
Addy:     "I want to move to California"


Hailey

We were riding in Nate's truck the other day and being the 'cool' mom that I am, we had the music blaring and all the windows rolled down. We came to the light at State St. and 800 N in Orem. We were at the front of the line when this guy in a brand new Audi drives up next to us with his music loud as well.

Hailey yells to him:  "Hi!"

The guy turns around to see Hailey waving at him and he laughs and waves back. 

Then, Hailey yells: "Nice music!"

The guy looks at me and busts up laughing.  The light turns green and he takes off really fast like most guys in their 'cool' cars do. (I hope he appreciates the $5 in gas he wasted to show off to a 5 year old.) 

Hailey says: "COOL! It's a RACE CAR!"


I love my girls. They make me laugh. A lot.  They make me smile. A lot. They make me realize the important things in life are the little things. I am truly grateful for them and their ability to make me happy.

3 comments:

The Staheli's said...

LOL!!!! Justin Bieber...what will we do with these girls? Haha! Love it. :)

Marce said...

Your girls are so cute! Oh man. I just know that Addy and Ellie would be such good friends! Her Biebs comment made me laugh out loud :)

Carmen said...

Justin Bieber....haha, maybe you can be neighbors. I love these stories!