Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Addysen Update


Well, today was the big day at Primary Children's Hospital.

Addy had her appointment with a throat surgeon to see what was going on. She has had croup, trouble eating and breathing and makes a funny noise when she breathes sometimes.

So, with all that, we saw a surgeon today who did a scope. Basically, they stick a tiny camera down their nose and into their throat to see if there is anything abnormal with the throat. Fortunately, they found nothing wrong other than some swelling. They think the reason for the swelling might be acid reflux, so they are looking into that.

Basically, they didn't find anything wrong with her throat thus far. They want to keep an eye on her for the next 6 weeks until her follow up appointment. Till then... we will keep you posted. Thanks to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers.

6 comments:

Carmen said...

I think you meant Addy:)

I am so glad to hear that she is ok and all looks good. You have two beautiful, healthy little girls...my adorable nieces! Love ya guys

This is Us said...

I'm so glad to hear that there is nothing too seriously wrong. Acid-reflux would not be fun but at least manageable. Maybe there is swelling from having that crazy cough. Just a thought. Anyway she is a doll.

The Staheli's said...

Glad it went well up there. We were thinking about you guys. Great pictures. She is so dang cute! And her hair...love it! It seems to be getting even lighter. Maybe it's just the pictures?? Oh...and Avery was so excited to see "baby Addy!! and "Tiff" Haha...I love that our kids call us by our nicknames...Jessie and Tiff. :D So cute!

Laisa said...

I thought about you guys yesterday - I had the 19th in my head for a while (ha ha). Thank you for the update - she is getting so big & still so beautiful! :D

Jess and Matt said...

I'm so glad she is doing well. What a little sweetie! I can't believe how big she looks.. time is going too quickly! I seriously can't wait to meet her. I miss you guys!

Marce said...

so sad that she's been so sick! i've been keeping her in my prayers. what a sweetie!