Wednesday, March 4, 2009

What's in my Nose?


First of all, check out the adorable scarf her aunt Summer made for her. She's such a little model.

So, I have a few short and funny stories to share about Hailey. Recently, she has decided to keep me even MORE on my toes, which I didn't think was possible. Yes, it's true.

To begin, the other night, We thought we were going to be on our way to the emergency room. A normal, usual night of getting ready for bed, brushing teeth, getting dressed, well, almost, when she bolted out of my grip and into the hallway. I called after her and ran to the doorway as I saw the most horrific sight. She was running so fast and tried to flip around really fast to slide down the stairs on her tummy, feet first as she does often. Well, the momentum had the best of her. She was running so fast that when she flipped herself around, she basically LAUNCHED herself over the stairs and was about 2 feet above the stairs, perpendicular with her feet first. Next, was the scariest moment yet. Her face SLAMMED into the stair and she hit so hard that it bounced her completely up on her feet where she then fell backwards down the stairs. The thought going through my mind behind the immediate tears were either she broke her face, or she knocked herself out. Well, the scream that came from her made it evident that she didn't knock herself out, and after poking and prodding at her face and whispering in her ear and keeping her awake for awhile to make sure she was ok, she settled into bed with tears still flowing. It was so sad. Thank goodness she's ok.

Second, she stuck a freeze dried fruit snack up her nose today that I had to fish out. THEN tells me that Addy has one too! GREAT!

Third, she took a Peter Pan off the stage at Nate's basketball game last night. Luckily, I was able to catch her in-between her legs before slamming her head into the gym floor.



Fourth, she constantly repeats to us that 'we don't eat poop'! (not sure where that one came from)

Fifth, Nate woke up to her standing next to our bed the other morning and said "hey girl, what time is it?" to which she immediately replied "time to get a watch dad". (we never say that so we don't know where she picked that one up)

Sixth and so sweet, every night before going to bed, she reminds us to turn on her fan, then says "sweet dreams" and then waits for us to reply with the same words before she hits the pillow and is off to slumber land.



Seventh, says her prayers all by herself and makes sure to add "thank you for grandpa and grandma" followed by "thank you for dinosaurs"

Last but not least, I took her to the gym with me the other day and when I went to pick her up from child care, she came running to me explaining in her own way that a little boy hurt her. Her words were "boy hurt you! pushed you! hit you!" So I explained to her that she just needs to tell him not to do that anymore (when in reality, I was thinking.. GO GET HIM BACK! haha.. not really...) we went home, she explained her sad story to Nate and he told her the same thing I did. The next morning, she woke up and I was getting Addy ready, she came in my room and I asked if she wanted to go to the gym again and she got all excited and this is what she said "YAY! and play with toys! and slide! and hit somebody!" yeah, I know what she really meant, but it just came out funny. Again, we had to explain to her that we don't hit even when provoked.

Crazy and busy and insanely fearless as she is, she is one of the sweetest little girls I have ever known.

We love you Hailey Rain!

7 comments:

Allison said...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA! Seriously had to hold my hand over my mouth so I wouldn't wake Kalea up with my laughter- I could pee my pants! Remember when Hailey was "in utero" and I would talk to her and tell her things like "make sure you give your parents heck"??? She must remember that, cuz she sure isn't taking it easy on you! I'm sorry if for anyway I am even partially responsible for her erratic behavior :P

The Staheli's said...

Cute pictures. :) I have to say, reading your post...it makes it even more ironic that Avery was the one who ended up with a broken collar bone! Hailey must be unbreakable! :D Which is a good thing of course! I'm glad she keeps life entertaining for you.

rogersfam said...

My favorite is the fruit snack in the nose. Was there really one in Addy's? She's quite the smarty pants!

Kris said...

Oh my...how is that girl still alive? I love Hailey! And when on earth was she in the dryer? Cute pictures.

This is Us said...

I was laughing out loud. Too funny and too cute. Hailey is a spirited little girl, so full of life and ready to go all the time.

Ashley and Aaron said...

This post was so fun to read...Hailey does the funniest things! And I also forgot about our Nolan connection...we had a nice visit with him this past weekend...Aaron bonded with him about how much he loves Guitar Hero :)

Shantel said...

I love that girl. She is so funny and cute. I think it was the week that her and Jade were born in the same hospital because they are too much alike. I think they did something to our girls that made us scared but at the same time love them and laugh more.I love you guys. XOXO