Friday, March 13, 2009

Flashback Friday: 5 Years and Counting...


What an amazing 5 years this has been. I have the best husband in the world. He has made my dreams come true and continues to surprise me every day with how much I can be in love with someone. He truly is my best friend and I cannot imagine my world without him in it. 5 Years ago today, Nate and I were married in the Las Vegas Temple. As I look back and remember the events of the day... it went something like this:

-woke up WAY too early to get ready. My mom and I drove to the temple, only a couple blocks away, we got pulled over. Yes, the day of my wedding, we get pulled over because of expired plates. My mom then informs me that they've been expired for about 3 months and just hasn't had the time to renew them. Needless to say, we were late to the temple.

-The ceremony was AMAZING! As I remember it, Nate and I just cried through the whole thing. So much for wedding day makeup. We had friends show up and surprise us that we never thought would come. It was the best day ever!

-I remember my nephew Spencer being obsessed with this snail he found that somehow made it into all the family wedding pictures! haha!

-It was GORGEOUS that day. VERY hot. We were DYING by the time we were done taking pictures.

-My friend Robyn was there to be my sidekick and help me get dressed back in my dress for the reception at my parents house. While trying to put my slip on, with all the thousands of layers of toole, we found a million lady bugs that had made their home there earlier that afternoon during picture time. So, we spent a good hour or so picking out ladybugs.

-Reception time came and the chocolate fountain we had ordered hadn't arrived yet. The girl who was suppose to bring it decided to stop off at a friends house before coming to my reception which made her extremely late, then she tried to warm up the chocolate too fast and it burnt, then spilled it onto my parents patio to which still has a big chocolate stain in the cement!

-The food was AMAZING! My mom did such a great job planning and carrying through our reception. We had lights all over the backyard, a gazebo for the food lights all over the front yard, candles everywhere, flowers everywhere.. chocolate covered strawberrie boquets... so pretty.

-Two days before our wedding, my parents had gravel delivered to their front yard, to which I was shoveling for the entire day to have it ready for the reception. The night before the wedding, I was mowing the lawn. It was quite eventful.

-On our honeymoon, I got extremely sick and was throwing up for two days. I remember laying on the bathroom floor in the middle of the night at our hotel and yelling for Nate to bring me a blanket... yeah, he never heard me or woke up. It was awesome.

-because of being so sick, I couldn't make the drive back to Utah so we ended up spending a night of our honeymoon at my parents house! Poor Nate!

-A week later, we had a GORGEOUS reception in Orem, thanks to Nate's parents. We had a waterfall backdrop, a canopy of lights, an ice bowl for the punch... amazing.

It was such an unforgetable time in our lives and i'm so glad we have this date to always remember those special moments and funny moments of the start of our family.

And Thanks to Nate for making my life such an amazing one.

Happy Anniversary!

-

7 comments:

Allison said...

That's an awesome post! You never told me about all those ladybugs- holy cow! Thanks for making Nate's life so awesome and for putting up with all us whacko's that he's related to :P Love ya!

The Staheli's said...

AAwwww...Happy Anniversary! Love you guys. :)

Unknown said...

I loved watching your wedding video, your uncle with the mustache still makes me giggle. Happy Anniversary you guys!

Marce said...

Happy Anniversary to some of our favorite friends. You two are a HOT couple!! Hollywood worthy :) love the pic's...thanks for sharing. hope the next 5 are just as happy!

Ben said...

Happy Anniversary! You need to get Nate to grow out his hair again!

Ashley and Aaron said...

Congrats on 5 years! Your wedding day sounds great...aside from getting pulled over that is! That story about the chocolate fountain made me laugh...sounds like the kind of thing that would happen to me...poor girl.

Carmen said...

Gorgeous pictures and I totally remember a lot of those things happening. It was a great day and we are so glad you are part of our family!