Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Heart Took A Picture Yesterday

Yesterday while mowing the lawn, I hear a faint scream. Not thinking anything of it, I kept mowing. A few minutes later, Hailey came walking into the backyard crying. She had been attacked by our kitty and it made her really sad. I sat on the front porch with her trying to console her while watching these cute little girls set up a drink shop across the street.

Suddenly, this little girl from our neighborhood runs over to see if Hailey is ok, since she saw her crying. Then she asked if Hailey would like to come hang out with them and help them sell drinks. Of course she was THRILLED. This was the first time I have ever let Hailey play across the street by herself with some friends. Those of you who are familiar with my neighborhood, know why.

I went back to mowing my lawn when a little while later, I see all three girls AND Hailey running into the backyard. They held up an ice cream that was clearly bought by the ice cream truck (I hate Ice Cream trucks-but I let this one slide). They said:

"We bought this for Hailey, but we wanted to make sure it was ok with you first."

Okay, REALLY? These three little girls spent ALL the little coins they had made selling drinks to buy my little Hailey an ice cream. They took care of her, let her help them yell at cars to buy some drinks, walked her across the street every time she needed to come home for any reason, let her drink ALL the juice she wanted AND even asked if I wanted her to get paid for being hired by them. How CUTE is that?


Later that evening, they came to the house after they were all done with some change in their hands. They said they heard Hailey say she wanted to buy a toy at Walmart so they were bringing her some money to do that. My heart took a picture of my little BIG girl and her sweet friends
that took such good care of her.

7 comments:

Kris said...

How sweet - I am so proud of my Primary girls! Cute picture that you got of them selling juice, too. Our kids are growing up way too fast! And by the way, props on mowing the lawn... I always leave that one for Ben because I'm so intimidated by it!

Unknown said...

That is so sweet! Who are these girls and where did they come from? :)

Kristy said...

That's so sweet. There's hope for our neighborhood yet!

The Staheli's said...

I totally teared up reading this. I'm a softy...it's true. :) Yay for sweet older girls.

Jamie said...

That is the cutest thing ever! Only in Utah. :)

Yolanda Taylor said...

Yay for Primary! How tender and kind the love of Heavenly Father who speaks so clearly to the hearts of our children.

Cheri said...

SO Sweet!!! That is adorable! And you are awesome for mowing your lawn Tiff! Weh woo!!!