Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thanks A Lot

The other day, I had to go to the American Fork Police Department to pay a dumb ticket. Ugh. I hate paying for tickets. It was a rainy day and I was trying to run in with my two little ones so I could hurry and get home in time for Addy's nap. I was a little flustered trying to find a parking spot and run through the rain with my kiddos. 

We enter the Police Department through the front doors where they have the cop sitting their waiting to check you in and make sure you don't have any dangerous weapons or anything like that. Right as we enter, Hailey runs up to him and announces,

"My mom was driving too fast. The police man got her in trouble."

Thank you Hailey!! 
Laughing histerically, the cop says,
"wow, no secrets can be held in this home from now on,
I guess you need to know where the clerks office is." 
 Pointing to the elevator, he's still laughing.

Upon leaving, we enter the entry where the same cop is sitting.
Again.. Hailey runs up and says
 "my mom has to pay a LOT of money cuz she was driving too fast."

Laughing again... the cop asks to hear the whole story so he can share this experience with other people.
I'm glad I could be the brunt of comedic delivery.

So, here's the story:

I was on my way to an ultrasound appointment which I was extremely late for. Or was about to be late for. I had just dropped the girls off at my friend Megan's house in American Fork and was headed to my doctor's office when I look up and see flashing lights. 'You have GOT to be kidding' I thought to myself. Not today...

So, I do what every other american is suppose to do and I pull over. I'm thinking, maybe a blown tail light, maybe registration.. nope and nope.  He asks if I know why he pulled me over. I said that I was in a hurry so I may have been going about 30 or so and he replied "it's 25 through here".  STUNNED.. I looked at him like 'REALLY'? No stinkin way is this happening! So.. after giving him license and registration and insurance, I sit there crying because
1. i'm hormonal, and
2. i'm late for a very important appointment.

He comes back, see's me bawling and I tell him that i'm pregnant, on my way to an ultrasound and i'm sorry for crying.  He hands me my ticket and sends me on my way. I get to my appointment only to see that Nate is nowhere in sight. He thought I was picking him up in PROVO before my appointment. Misscommunication. So, I start crying AGAIN, in the office. Then the worst happened. No baby. they couldn't find a baby. You can read more about that a few blog entries below.

So pretty much it was the worst day ever. 

But I have to say, that I'm grateful for little ones who bring out the laughter, even in bad memories to make them kind of funny.  And also, thanks to little ones who constantly remind you that if you drive too fast, the police man will come. :-)

2 comments:

Danny and Amber Koller said...

That is so funny. The part about Hailey that is. Sorry that was such a bad day.

The Staheli's said...

Love that little ones can bring light to every situation. :)