Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Good Times and Sad Goodbyes

What a CRAZY FUN weekend this has been. We had a weekend full of family, fun, games, food, swimming and waterslides..  Carmen and Ben are moving to the Phillipines and Uncle Adam came for the weekend as well. We celebrated both events with quite a bang! I don't have many pictures just because my mind was seriously absent due to the house project I blogged about on the previous post. But I did get some of the girls swimming and the farewell of Carmen, Ben and Adam.

(check out her muscley arms.. holy crap!)

(Hailey doing cannon balls that Uncle Ben taught her)


This summer, we have spent MANY hours in this pool. Thanks to my inlaws for providing such a fun summer activity for us. The girls favorite was Uncle Adam throwing them in the pool. On the day he left, he got Hailey so high that she was pushing off the floor of the deep end to pop back up out of the water. She LOVED it. She also has a new love of swimming UNDER water. Now when going off the slide, she goes with her head IN the water. Addy has gotten pretty good at swimming herself to the edge and getting out all by herself. Such a big girl these days.


I tried uploading a cute video of uncle Adam throwing them, but it wouldn't work, I'll post it later.

This was the middle of packing project. Stuff everywhere. I did get to reap some benefits of being the keeper of fun stuff for two years while they are gone. :-) Thanks guys!

Then, it was goodbye. Adam left first. The girls love Adam. In fact, the morning he left, we were at
home and Hailey says to me,
"mom, I love Adam. But don't tell him I said that"

Then, it was Carmen and Ben. Carmen and I have become pretty close over the years and i've really been trying to not think of them moving. It makes me really sad. Luckily, I had this house project to keep me busy and not thinking about it. But, the time came and I lost it. I was trying really hard to not cry, but I did. Then everyone else started crying. It sucked, I'm not gonna lie.
But i'll get over it, i'm sure. :-)

The good news is, Nate and I are seriously
considering a trip out to see them!!!

We love you guys and you will be missed. We're looking forward to Christmas when we get to see EVERYONE again!

2 comments:

The Staheli's said...

Your post made me tear up. :( It's going to be so weird to go up north and not have them there. Cute pictures. If you guys really make plans to visit, keep us updated!

Carmen said...

WHAT????????????? ARe you SERIOUSLY considering coming to visit? You have NO idea how happy that would make me. I am SO sorry I didn't respond to this earlier, but honestly I didn't even get on blogs until today! IT's been so crazy. We have been in the Philippines one week and I already feel like it's been forever. Your post was great. The pictures turned out so cute of everyone! We truly love your little girls and are going to miss them and you so much. We love you guy!