Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Greatest Job on Earth!


A couple posts back, I wrote about pregnancy. Now I wanted to express something even more dear to my heart and that is being a mother. I can't even express in words the joy and happiness my job brings to me. Can you even call it a job? Ok, yes, yes you can! Sometimes it feels that way. But for the most part, I thank God every day for the blessing of having this great gift to be a mother. As I struggle to find ways to be a BETTER mother, I know Hailey loves me just the same, no matter what I do. Now, I realize that love and appreciation will only last so long.. till puberty hits, probably, or even sooner, I have to stop and embrace every hug and every snuggle she gives. Recently, Hailey was really sick. More sick than I have ever seen her and I have to admit, I was scared. To pick up a toddler off a bed that she spent about 95% of her day for a week straight, only to have her go limp every time, not even able to hold up her head or arms, it was terrifying and I felt so bad for her. My heart ached. This event in her life, and mine, made me appreciate God and my own mother even more. The pain and agony He went through for us and the pain and agony our mothers endure for us, is unexplainable. Every little word and every little quirky look she gives me just makes me smile. I love my little girl so much and I can't even imagine my life without her. I'm so glad she's feeling better and I have to say, I have the GREATEST JOB ON EARTH!

2 comments:

Kris said...

I would have to agree that being a mother is the greatest thing that has happened to me and my most favorite job of all! I am so glad Hailey is feeling better, what a miserable time! Poor girl.

Laisa said...

Poor Hailey, I'm so glad that she's better though. It is the saddest thing to see your babies so weak. I too am glad to be a Mom - we have a lot of responsibility, but it really is fun. I hope that you had a great Mothers Day......you are such an awesome Mom. :D