Sunday, July 20, 2008

And then there were two...



My life has been AMAZING. It gets better and better each day. With Addy now in our lives, there have been MANY changes. All for the good, of course. Here are some examples:

-I have a constant reminder that sleep is a luxery that no longer exists!
-I have a husband who's almost as tired as I am!
-I have a toddler who keeps me extremely busy all the time...
-I have a constant flow of snacks and formula going on all day..
-I have a shower about every 3-4 days... sick, I know.
-I am expected to be ready to sing, dance and play the human jungle gym at 7am.
-I am an expert at making scrambled eggs... Hailey's favorite breakfast.
-I am also reminded that I only have two hands.
-Getting into the car to pick up one thing from the store is so not worth it.
-Making dinner... yeah right.
-taking a nap...I wish.


But most of all, I have two sweet daughters and an amazing husband. That alone is enough, if not more that I need. The hugs and kisses I get from Hailey and the sweet snuggles that I get from Addysen, make every ounce of everything I do completely worth it. At bed time, Hailey's new thing is to ask for kisses. She will sit up in her bed and ask over and over for more kisses from Nate and I. It's a new game she plays, but I have to secretly admit that I love it. Although I know she is just trying to put off bed time, I love it.



Addysen is such a blessing. She keeps me up pretty much all night only to wake up to an eager toddler early in the morening, but her little grunts and sighs are too sweet to be frustrated about. I love my job as a mother and I love my husband for allowing me to do the very thing I have dreamed about my whole life. He has made my dream come true and I will forever be grateful to him for that. He has also given me the greatest gift I could have ever received...Hailey and Addysen. They are my life and I couldn't ask for a better one.

8 comments:

Claire said...

awww...that post was awesome tiff! Your girls are so beautiful and I'm so glad that you are so happy with life! We miss seeing you, but I have to admit, that post makes me want to be a mom SO BAD! Enjoy your sweet little ones.

Unknown said...

Love this post Tiff. Your girls are so beautiful. I love the new pictures. The lack of sleep is so hard, I can't imagine having to do it with a toddler as well. You're such a trooper! Sol and I miss seeing you guys, we'll come visit soon!

The Staheli's said...

Yay for more pictures. And I got a couple from Nate yesterday too. :D Made my day! You have such a great attitude about everything. Your girls are so lucky to have you!

The Scholer Family said...

I love her hair!!!!!She is adorable!!

Carmen said...

That honestly brought tears to my eyes, what a sweet tribute of gratitude for the blessings you have. I love your little family, you are a great mommy and wife, Nate is a great daddy and husband and you make me proud to be your sister.

Jess and Matt said...

They are so sweet! Such cute girls! You are a great mom, Tiff! I love the kisses at bedtime game. My kids throw off their blankets end then yell, "Mommy, Daddy, come tuck me in, again!" and they will do it as long as we keep coming back. I miss you!

Shantel said...

I love the pics of your girls. They are getting so big.

Kris said...

Props to Tiff! I don't know how I'll manage moving from 1 to 2 kids. That seems like such a far leap to make! You are a wonderful mom to two beautiful little girls.