Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Landscaping and Yard Work

I decided this year that it was time to do something about our yard. It's always been ok, however, it needed some help. So, in the front yard, along the walk way were some flower beds full of weeds. It was bad. So, I dug out all the old dirt and rocks and bark and weeds, filled it with new clean dirt, flowers and plants and some accent lighting. I also added a couple flower pots with bright colored flowers in them. Our Jasmine bush is completed with a lattice for it to climb up! Love it. This is how it looks now...



Then in the backyard, I decided to make a platform on the grass for our BBQ. I wanted to make more room on our deck so i could put a swing or glider bench on it. I have a love for swings and other things similar. So, I dug out the grass and dirt to make it level enough so that the bricks would fit level with the grass. Thus making mowing a whole lot easier. Picture this: Me, Hailey and Addy at Lowes. The girls are in one cart, while a flatbed cart is full of flowers and plants that I was dragging behind the cart with the girls... then another flatbed cart full of bricks tagged along. It was quite a sight. Needless to say, a sweet lady saw how difficult it all was for me to do alone and helped me out to my car. :-) So after a couple days of hard work and sweat, I love how it all turned out! So, here you go, Allison.. I finally blogged about it! :-)

6 comments:

Torrie and the girls said...

Okay the remark about the " new clean dirt" made me chuckle a little but I know exactly what you meant. :) I think it looks fantastic, and that the girls will love either the swing or the glider bench.

Allison said...

Haha, thank you very much for blogging about it, Tiff. Definitely made my day! I love how you did the flowerbeds in the front- I have a strange love for a zig-zag pattern. I'm very impressed with your skillz :P

Emily said...

I havw walked by your house a few times lately and thought it looked really good. You worked hard! And wow, if you need to go to Lowes again- I can come and help!

Claire said...

john and i drove by right before he left and comments on the progress of your yard! I have to say, it kind of gave me a nudge in the right directions and did my weeding, some planting, etc. looks good!

Kris said...

Way to go Tiff - I think it looks so nice! Very inspiring to hurry up and get my flower beds to a somewhat completed state. :-) And way to go at Lowes. You are a lot braver than I would be!

Becca said...

Heyo. So yes I'm creepy I just went back and read a ton of your posts on your blog. ;) I read the part about you being sick on your honeymoon out loud to Travis because I thought it was so funny. ha. We giggled. Anyway, LOVE the little girls room! So cute! See you this week some time!