Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Jalepenos and Sour Cream

So, here's a funny story. Today I made fresh salsa. K, that's not the funny part. I was cutting everything up, including Jalepenos. Well, I didn't think about it, and after touching them, I touched my nose. Washed my hands after, of course, then all of a sudden.... BURNING SENSATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was dying. My nose was ON FIRE!

So, I call my mom. I asked her to get on google, since I couldn't really see... with my eyes all watery.. pretty much she just laughed at me the whole time, like a good mother does. As I'm debating on whether or not I should hang up with my mom or call 911, she gets some answers for me. Some included alcohol, white vinegar, SALT (I tried this one-don't recommend it), milk, and Sour Cream.

So, naturally, I grabbed the sour cream and covered my nose in it. I spread it all over the place. Immediately I found that the burning was going away! It worked! Just then, Hailey walks in from playing outside and says to me, "mom, you have boogers."

the moral of this story is: get latex gloves for handling spicy objects, always have a supply of sour cream and just laugh at brutal honesty by little ones.

6 comments:

Kris said...

Oh come on. Where's the picture for this post?! Hailey cracks me up. Glad to know sour cream works. My hands were burning a couple weeks ago for the same reason. All I needed was a sour cream manicure.

Torrie and the girls said...

I think that Kris's cool onion googles would have helped too. :) Kids are sooo honest, I never ceased to be amused.

Carmen said...

Totally laughed out loud, that is the best story ever! I can just picture you with sour cream rubbed all over your face! So funny.

Thanks for the comment on my blog, I am so glad you guys are so close and we get to see you so much. Love ya!

Allison said...

Oh wow oh wow oh wow, I'm crying! That's hilarious! Gotta love Hailey and her awesome comments, and seriously, you are amazing, homemade salsa? I think that I would be happy if you made me a recipe book because I lack the talent to think of making these things!

This is Us said...

That really is hilarious. I guess now we know why sourcream is such an essential part of Mexican food.

Cheri said...

ha ha ha ... that was hilarious... the part with Hailee!
My sister-in-law did the same thing! She said she was splashing milk all over her face, sugar, salt, etc... and of course that is right when her husband came home to her looking crazy and crying.... once the burning stopped she too was laughing with her husband!
I never found out through the chaos of her story which thing finally worked... now I know it is sour cream! A must stalk item!