Monday, June 15, 2009

Sleep Walking??


Hailey got a haircut! Sort of.. I gave her some bangs because i'm sick of her hair being in her face ALL THE TIME! I love her hair without bangs, but for her sake, it had to be done.

This is what happened the night before her haircut...

I love toddlers. I love all babies and kids stages, but the other night, we had a good laugh. Usually, when Hailey comes out of her room for any reason, she is pretty quiet, other than pulling her door shut with a loud clunk. (that's how I know she's up) Well, two nights ago, Nate and I were downstairs watching tv at about 11pm when all I hear is "MOMMY! MOMMY!". Looking at Nate confused, I walk up the stairs to see her peaking through her doorway. I turn up the dimmer in the hallway to see better when she flings open her door pointing to her bed. "my bed is all WET!" she says. Realizing she is very frantic about this, I feel around her bed and blankets to find anything wet. Nothing. She points to the exact spot and says "right there!" Still, nothing. Realizing that there is no convincing her otherwise, I get her a new blanket and tell her it's a dry one. She simply replies, "oh" and climbs into bed. Before I can walk out of her room, she is fast asleep. Weird.

So the next morning, I hear Nate in her room with her when she first woke up.
"Hailey, did your bed get wet last night?" She immediately gets excited and starts to tell him all about it. "Yeah, I flushed the toilet on my bed! My blaket got all wet! It was SAD!" she gets very emotional these days when telling stories. Nate played along, while I was laughing in the other room. Gotta love kids dreams!

Sleep walking? yep!

6 comments:

Allison said...

Holy cow, Hailey just went from toddler to big girl with those bangs! She looks so sweet, reminds me of my old bangs...

Cheri said...

lol! :) She looks so old with her hair cut! Cute!!!

Carmen said...

I love the hair, it's adorable! I also love the story, because it reminds me of myself. ben found me sleep walking just the other day:)

The Staheli's said...

I totally agree with Allison, the bangs create a very "big girl" look. I barely recognized her! So adorable. She's always adorable though...so that's nothing new. :) As for the sleep walking, LOL...good luck with that. Too funny.

Kris said...

So I decided I want a girl just so I can buy her jelly shoes just like hailey's. Those are adorable! That's so funny that she was sleep waling/talking. Weird. Sometimes I'll hear little words here and there come out of Logan's room late at night, but none of them understandable.
And I, too, LOVE her bangs. Well done.

Marce said...

i love this story! so fun/funny.

we had a lot of fun today! the party was adorable. thanks for letting us celebrate with you guys!