Wednesday, November 18, 2009

ahhh.. the Dentist.

I hate going to the dentist.. but i'm not sure of anyone who loves it.

Today was Hailey's first trip to the dentist. Yikes! Man, was I nervous. We took her to a pediatric dentist who was great. We were pleasantly surprised at how well she did. The headphones and the TV mounted on the ceiling DID help distract her, but she was amazing. She did just what they asked and thought the vacuum was pretty cool.



At one point, I look over at Nate and he is just laughing at the simple fact that she's doing so well when we both thought FOR SURE she would NOT let any of this happen.

I can't believe my little monkey is big enough to go to the dentist.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Great job Hailey! That is amazing that she did so well. A blessing.

Carmen said...

So glad that she did so well. We went to a dentist with TVs and stuff when we were little and I never understood peoples aversion to the dentist. Grateful for distractions I guess cause I went the other day as an adult and would have rather been anywhere else, especially after like 10 shots to numb me. HAHA! She is such a big girl. BTW, great picture of Nate. He has a great smile and laugh.

The Staheli's said...

Wow. I'm impressed. I wouldn't have expected it either. I am terrified to take Avery because of the fear of screaming. :P Maybe I should take her to the one you went to. Unless there is a pediatric dentist with a horse theme...that would be a hit. Haha!

.the palsky's. said...

I'm so glad that Hailey did well! It's quite surprising how well they do if you don't make it a big deal and don't bring up anything to do with needles. good idea with the pedodontist though. they're pro's.

Jessica..don't worry about the screaming. I love it. I had this little girl, who needed to have 2 baby teeth taken out, and she screamed bloody murder throughout the whole office. it was wonderful. it gives me a chance to really do my job and help her relax.when you take avery in don't be clingy, it makes her think she needs to be worried and scared. and if you're scared of the dentist. don't let them see it.