Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow Princess


Hailey and I went outside to play in the snow today for the second day in a row. HOLY COW it was cold. Much colder than it was yesterday.

For me, snow has a few pro's and MANY con's.

Pro's:
I get to take really cute pictures of my kids all bundled up.(like this one)

The first snow fall of the year is always so pretty and magical.
Christmas lights and snow look so fun together.
Gives me a sense of holiday spirit.
Sledding.

Con's:WAY too many to even begin listing.. and this is suppose to be happy reading, so I won't even go there. You'd think coming from living in Montana, I'd be GREATFUL for the amount of snow we get in Utah, but it's still 'snow' to me.

Aside from snow, and cute pictures of my Little H, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. Mostly about friends and how fortunate I am to have such good friends. I got an email from a friend of mine yesterday that said our friendship was non-judgemental or grudging. (it was worded differently, of course) We've always been able to understand eachothers situations and circumstances and just know when we needed one another and I really appreciate that. (insert 'awe' here)

Since it's been on my mind a lot, I felt the need to let all my friends out there know that I am greatful. Greatful to have someone to love and be loved in return.

I love Anne of Green Gables and I love that she uses the phrase "kindred spirits". Sounds cheesy, but I am grateful for the 'kindred spirits' in my life.

so here's to you, my friends, I really do cherish you (sounds like a 98degrees song.. or maybe it actually is).

And good luck to all of you this winter and here's hoping you don't freeze your tail off too much.

3 comments:

The Staheli's said...

FREAKING CUTE PICTURES!!!! I am not too jealous of the snow though. Your list ok pro's is about as long as mine. :) Christmas will be a good enough taste of the snow for us! AND...I'm so glad that you have such good friends around you. What a blessing.

Jamie said...

Love the red cheeks. I can't believe how grown up Hailey looks. Wish we were there to play.

Marce said...

cutest cutest pic's. she's such a big girl! holy smokes. miss you!