Monday, December 21, 2009

A Whole Lotta Stuff

I know, I know. It's been a long time since I posted something. Busy is not a strong enough word to describe why I haven't. But as I sit here late in the evening with my incredibly hot husband, I can't help but feel like I'd rather do something other than watch a show about hoarders. He's intrigued.

So, here I am. I have a season of CRAZINESS to throw at you. Are you ready? Hold on, cause here we go.

#1. NEW CALLING!
Well, sort of. Our ward got dissolved and therefore, we all lost our callings. Fast forward a couple weeks and I got called into the same position I was in... for the last 3 years! I was excited. I love being in Young Womens.

#2. NEW MOON!
Enough said.


#3. CARRIAGE RIDE!
SO fun. Hailey opted to be a little on the 'STINKER' side this night, but still had so much fun. Addy, on the other hand had a perma-grin from ear to ear that stayed all the way till we got home. Grandpa Johnson came with us and kindly took pictures for us! Thanks Grandpa!






#4. SHOPPING!
Double YAY! I love holiday shopping. K, i'll be honest, I love any kind of shopping, but the fact that it's for a holiday, makes it seem more OK. And shopping for kids is SO MUCH FUN. I can't handle it. By the way, KOHL'S, you're my new best friend. Thanks for coming into my life.

#5. SLEEPLESS NIGHTS...
BOOOOOOOO! Poor little Hailey continues to wake up with uncomfortable issues. One day i'll get sleep. Till then, bring on the SUGAR to keep me awake. Any of you who might want to contribute to helping me stay awake during the day, I like chocolate.

#6. GINGERBREAD HOUSES!
Whomever came up with gingerbread kits, you deserve an award. Thanks to my mom who gave us a serious Advent calendar on steroids, making gingerbread houses one night was the activity for that particular day and the girls loved it. At one point, Nate put his hand in front of Addy's mouth and out came an enormous amount of candy. It all ended up in his hand and it was pretty much disgusting.



#7. CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!
Yay for Christmas lights. It's the first thing I turn on in the morning and the last thing I turn off at night. They are my favorite. We even hung up a strand of lights on our house this year! Double YAY!

#8. REINDEER!
We took the girls to Thanksgiving Point the other night and they got to pet and feed real reindeer. It was pretty cool, i'm not gonna lie.




#9. WRAPPING PRESENTS!!
I LOVE wrapping presents. Some people hate it, but it is pure joy for me to wrap fun stuff i've picked out for people and put it under the tree. LOVE it.

#10. ORGANIZING. (this doesn't get an exclamation point)
There has been a lot of organizing going on in this house this month. I'm so tired of clutter and not being able to find things when I need them. I have about 5 different craft boxes strung throughout my house, stacks of bills and papers in the office, etc. It's time to put things in their places. I have to say, it feels GREAT!

#11. SANTA!
We took the girls to go see Santa at University Mall. OH MY! They LOVED it. Hailey was so excited and kept wanting to go back and see him again after our turn was up.


#12. SNOW
Their new favorite thing to do. Dress up in all their snow gear and head outside. It was especially fun when Archie came to play in the snow with them. They got lots of doggy kisses.




That about sums it up. There have been little projects in between all that, but for the most part, it's just been a month full of Christmas and that's the way I like it.

Oh, and one more thing.

Here's my 2009 Christmas wish-list. (which is pretty much a 'yeah right' list)
-Canon 50D (haha! yeah right! We're not richy-rich)
-Vitamix (yeah, right!)
-New Sewing Machine (uh-huh! yeah, right)
-New Victoria's Secret Bra (maybe)
-Shopping Spree (YEAH RIGHT!)
-Photography equipment (keep dreamin')
-New Clothes (we'll see)
-Cricut (thanks mom)
-new shoes (do-able)

and the list goes on. If I kept listing things, this post would never end. I know, i'm suppose to say things like world peace and health (don't get me wrong, those are a HIGH priority in my prayers, but can't I be materialistic just for a minute? Hey, a girl can dream, right?! Yes she can. And I do!

Most of all, i'm just excited for Christmas and to see the looks on my girls faces when they wake up Christmas morning. Can't wait!

Wow, that was a long post. I hope you all have a great Christmas. And I want to know what's on YOUR lists!

3 comments:

The Hendershots said...

I can't believe you got put back in the YW's. I have to say I am jealous. I was only in for a few months- not 3 years! I am the VT coordinator now- I don't really know what to expect. I miss seeing you guys at church though. Your girls look so cute. Hopefully we will see you soon.

The Staheli's said...

YAY! Look at you. Clean house AND a new blog post up!! :) Impressive. Looks like so much fun. I wish we would have been here for the carriage ride. Avery would have LOVED that! I'm so glad you guys are here for Christmas this year. Avery can't stop talking about playing with the girls.

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm SO out of the loop these days! I didn't know about Hailey visiting the dentist. I need more details there. Maybe tonight...I'm going to be knocking on your door later. :)