Sunday, January 3, 2010

BUSY Sunday

I thought Sundays were suppose to be a day of rest. No? Nate and I were having this very conversation on the way to family dinner tonight. It seems that it's suppose to be a day to relax, ponder, pray, have some quiet time, etc. I'm not sure of a Sunday where that's happened in a LONG time. Between Nate's callings and mine, it seems Sundays are quite busy for us. Well, today was no different. In fact, today was intense.

First, Hailey graduated Nursery!
I'm still not sure how I feel about it. I had really mixed emotions today. I can't believe she has grown up so fast. K, I can't keep writing about her growing up.. I can already feel the tears swell. So, instead i'll tell you how cool her graduation was. At 1:50 this afternoon, we were to meet upstairs by the Primary room where they had the graduation set up. The cutest thing ever. They even were presented with little graduation hats and certificates. Followed by refreshments (apples and oranges). So cute. (please excuse the awful pictures.cell phone.)



In between all this, we had to figure out what to do with Addy because she goes down RELIGIOUSLY around 12-12:30 every day for a nap. It's BAD news when this doesn't happen. Well, lucky for us (insert sarcasm here) our ward STARTS at 11:30. BAD IDEA.
So, that was interesting.

This brings us to the conversation in the car on the way to family dinner (great dinner, by the way). We're eating when all of a sudden, Addy starts crying. The 'i'm trying to be strong, but this really hurts' cry. It was so sad. She hands her hand to Nate and he gasps saying she needs stitches. So, we dropped everything and left dinner immediately to head to the insta-care nearby. Indeed, she needed stitches. 6 to be exact, on her tiny little hand inbetween two fingers. It was pretty sick. Even Nate has had an upset stomach all night from seeing the tendons and muscle down in her little finger. Don't tell him I said this (thank goodness he never reads my blog) but when he and Addy came out of the room at the insta-care, he was crying. She wasn't! HA! She was a little trooper. Numbing gell and 4 shots later, the stitches went in and in a week or so, she has to go back to have them removed. Till then, no baths and we have to keep her hand wrapped up. Ugh. Those of you with busy little 18 month olds who love baths know this will not be an easy week. I'm sure we'll survive.. we have at this point with at least 5 visits to the hospital this year!!! Or last year, I guess. Well, we're not off to a very good start in 2010. Hopefully it only gets better from here.


At this point, i'm really frustrated. I'll be honest. Afterall, this IS my blog and somewhat a journal.. i'm allowed to be honest.

I didn't sign up for all this hospital stuff when I became a mother. I feel like since day one of finding out I was pregnant, I have ended up in the hospital with a fetus or an infant or toddler WAY too many times. Frankly, i'm tired. I'm sick of dealing with this rollercoaster of emotions that send me into panic and anxiety for my little ones. I'm so done. Done with those painful cries that I can't bear to hear anymore. Done with running off to the ER or insta-care every few months. Done.

5 comments:

Valerie Mom said...

Well at least you're done for today. Pictures of Addy were great. She has such an upbeat personality. So CUTE! And Hailey graduating from Nursery. WOW! Time does fly. Have a great night. We love you guys!

The Staheli's said...

WOW!!!! I'm not even sure what to SAY! Geeze. Well, sorry first of all. Addy really is so sweet and happy. Even with her hand cut open she's smiling. What a trooper! And Hailey looks so adorable! I totally know what you mean about tearing up because they are growing up so fast. I was totally crying in relief society thinking about Avery in Primary, singing the songs and just being by herself! It goes so fast. And what a cute graduation idea. How fun! Get some rest and good luck with no baths for Addy this week! :)

Kris said...

Oh man - you really have had more than your fair share of doctor and hospital visits! What caused the cut in the first place? So sad. :-( Hailey's graduation from nursery is adorable, though. What a fun idea. Hang in there Tiff.

Unknown said...

Geeze Tiff! You've been through the wringer!!! I'm so sorry you've had to visit the hospital so much, especially recently! I sure that's so so hard as a mommy. Lets get together soon.

Carmen said...

She really is a little trooper and I believe that about Nate. He looked so upset. For some reason seeing his reaction last night really brought it home to me how hard it must be to see your kids in pain and worry for them. I was thinking about you guys and your girls before I went to sleep last night and I hope you know how much we love you and how glad we are to have you and those babies as part of our family. We are so glad we get to be close to all of you even during the hard times.