Sunday, February 14, 2010

From Scratch

Winter is my least favorite time of year...as you know. So, I had to come up with some things to keep me busy. (as if my kids don't keep me busy enough) First, I started with some serious organizing. My house needed it. I was able to go through all my craft stuff and put it in ONE place. It's the best thing ever. Here are a few "crafty" things i've been working on:

Candy Jars
I made these for some people for Christmas. This is the best little idea. I love how cute these look. Thanks to my friends for 'craft night'. I would have never thought of this!

Refirbished Clock
Another credit to craft night. I made this to match the girls room. I love how it turned out.

Calendar Board
I really wanted to hang a calendar up so I could constantly have something to look at and know what's going on with meals, plans, dance, church callings. I hated the idea of just nailing a calendar to the wall, so I dressed up a little board that I can use every year.

Conversation Hearts
I made this little decoration for my Mother in Law. She has been so helpful and kind in taking care of Addy for me every Thursday while I take Hailey to dance. Although there's really nothing that can show my appreciation, I thought she might like this little Valentine decoration. Hailey helped me paint them.

Kitchen
It's not completely finished. I still need to add the backsplash and the chalkboard to the side, but this is how it looks so far. I took apart an old ugly nightstand and turned it into hours of fun!

I enjoy little projects where I can use a little creativity and come up with something fun! Now that I have better access to all my craft stuff, there's no telling what i'll come up with next!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Ok, Ms. Suzy Homemaker! I love everything! I'm so copying your kitchen idea. You are brilliant!

Allison said...

Holy Crap! I need to have "craft month" so I can copy all your fun stuff! Love the nightstand kitchen- that is a brilliant idea!

The Staheli's said...

Freaking love it all!! Especially the calendar!! :) I want one, K!?? Haha.

The Staheli's said...

OH, and I also meant to say, the new blog layout looks super cute!