Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ugh.. Mother's Day...

So, in the past, I have HATED Mother's Day. It's the day where everything seems to go wrong. The kids are constantly whining, nobody does the 'expected mother's day' traditions like breakfast in bed or special treatment, or even awarded a nap. It's just another day only the problem is, there is this train of guilt for even feeling like you should have that special treatment. Well, not THIS Mother's Day.

I had a great day. I woke up to the quiet sound of Hailey waking Nate up in a whisper. I knew she was trying so hard to not wake me up.  Loving the day already, I fell back asleep. A while later, Hailey runs in my room holding a fork and yelling 'Happy Mother's Day'. Nate followed with a plate filled with strawberries, eggs and toast.  Hailey jumped in bed and helped me eat my breakfast. A while later, we were sitting in sacrament meeting when they called the primary to come up and sing. Hailey eagerly made her way up to the stand and was very excited to sing. She pretty much just waved at us most of the time, but it was so cute, I could hardly stand it. Besides that, watching Addy get excited and wave back was the cutest thing ever. Such a proud mom, I was. She later gave me a gift she made for me in her Sunbeam class. The weather was gorgeous, we had a great walk home. Then Nate and I sat outside and watched little H bask in the sun and draw endless pictures on the sidewalk.  The evening ended with steaks cooked by Nate and my father in law and good company with family. Aside from all that, one of the greatest things of the day was the way Nate worked so hard at every little situation to make it a great day for me. It worked.

I love being a mom. Especially since I have these two little joys. I know I blog about them more than anything else, but that is my life.  THEY are my life.  Nate and my girls.  Recently, i've been down a lot given certain circumstances but I can't begin to explain the joy I feel knowing that these three people are mine forever.

While watching Hailey play that afternoon, I couldn't help but realize how big she's getting. Random, but I had to post this picture because for some reason, she just looks so grown up to me.

A week ago, my mom came to help me around the house and take care of the girls so I could get a little rest.  It was a really fun trip. It was great to be able to just hang out with my mom and my girls. They love her so much and so do I. I really am so grateful to her this mother's day for all she has done for me. I can't even begin to thank her for everything. As kids, we take for granted all the things our parents do for us. Until I became a mother myself, I didn't realize this. I look back now and am SO thankful to have such a loving mother to watch over me my entire life.

It's been a great mother's day. I hope other mom's can say the same. It's the hardest job, but the best.  I am so blessed to have the life that I do. I mostly have my husband to thank for that.

P.S. sorry for the low Resolution pictures, it's 11pm and i'm too tired to fix it right now. :-)

4 comments:

emma said...

i love it! miss you tiff.

Yolanda Taylor said...

I am so glad you had a great Mothers' Day!!! The pics looks great and you have the cutest blog ever!! Keep Smiling!

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you had a good mothers day. You deserve it! I hope you're doing alright, you've been on my mind.

The Staheli's said...

Super cute pictures! I'm so glad you had a good day and were treated well! And you are right...Hailey is getting so big. I think that all the time about Avery too. I can't believe they are going to be 4!! Time goes too fast. Crazy.
Love you guys!