Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Not What I Want To Hear...

Given the past issues with my last pregnancies, pleurisy with Hailey, miscarrying Addy's twin, etc, my doctor wanted to keep a close eye on things as soon as we found out we were pregnant. I was grateful for that.

So, after 3 blood tests in one week and and awaiting ultrasound, I was a little on my toes and very aware of the fact that I was pregnant. Well, we went in for our first ultrasound and it was less than exciting. Everything was there.. it was very ovbious that I was pregnant except for one thing... they couldn't see a baby. Perfect explaination: I wasn't as far along as they thought I was. It happens all the time.

We were told to come back in a week for another ultrasound so they could hear the heartbeat and take measurements. 

So, here we go again. A week later. Can't wait to see the little monkey who thinks it's fun to hide from mom and dad. Another ultrasound. I'm not seeing a baby. Ultrasound tech keeps asking us if we could be off on our dates by 4 weeks!! Um... nope. Everything is measuring great. I'm even showing a little. I'm healthy... for a pregnant woman. Levels are great. Still looking....  No baby.

It was pretty conclusive, the doctor said that it's what they call a Blighted Ovum. Basically, you are pregnant, but your body doesn't produce an embryo. (no baby)

In the end, we were told that I would miscarry this pregnancy. We haven't decided yet what route we are going to take and we have one more ultrasound on Tuesday so the doc can just see how things are going.

At that point, we'll decide what route we want to take with the miscarriage.

Just thought it was time to journal it and let people know. I haven't been very sensative to those of you trying to get a hold of me. But it's just not something I really feel like talking about at the moment. I still love you! :-)

I am extremely grateful for the two beautiful daughters we have and I couldn't ask for more.. well, except having to go through this crap! But it is what it is.  Thanks to those of you who have been so kind and loving!

7 comments:

Allison said...

Aw Tiff, that's not what any of us were wanting to hear. So sorry that you're having to go through all of this "not so fun" stuff. I wish I was there to give you a big hug, and cry and maybe over-indulge in some sugar filled snacks. Love you tons- tell Nate he has to give you a big squeeze for me :)

Torrie and the girls said...

sending up extra prayers for you. You do have a wonderful family but that doesn't mean it makes this any easier. we love you.

Kristy said...

I'm so sorry, Tiff! Let me know how I can help ! Love, love, love you!

The Staheli's said...

I really wish I was closer too. I would love to give both you and Nate big hugs and actually be able to help a little. Plus, I wouldn't miss an opportunity to play with my cute nieces. :) I'm sorry...
We love you guys tons!

Anonymous said...

my thoughts and prayers are coming out to you and your family!

Kris said...

Sorry again to hear the news. Let me know how i can help. And hope you had a nice relaxing (well, as relaxing as a wedding can be) weekend in CA!

Yolanda Taylor said...

Tiff! You are amazing!! The things you have been through have made you wise and strong. It shows that you can understand God's purpose on this earth and your dedication to contribute to that purpose is outstanding! We are praying for you, but we know that whatever you and Nate decide, you will do what is best for your beautiful family. Love and hugs!