Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Spontaneous


What a weekend. Last Friday morning I made a random decision to drive to St. George for my niece, Avery's birthday. My mother in law ended up driving down with us which made the trip much more bearable. Nate had to stay home for work and we were off. Friday night was birthday party preparations which made for a fun late night.


Saturday morning, my sister in law Melissa and I took Hailey and Addy to a splash pad in St. George. The girls had a blast! It was such a fun little place to let them play and get wet.




That afternoon, it was party time. Hailey and Addy had such a great time at the party. It was a really fun 'Dancer Party' complete with dancer food and dancer games. So fun.


 I had to include the picture because it makes me laugh. Typical Hailey.



  This was the finished product of the birthday girl's cupcake. Frosting IS the best part, right?


After cupcakes, we took off for Vegas. I figure if we were going to be that close, we should go visit Grandpa and Grandma Luke. I also talked my mom into driving back to Provo with me on Monday. (she didn't really need to be talked into)

Monday morning, we headed back to Utah. On the way, we stopped off in St. George again, only this time, it was to see my grandparents. We had a blast visiting with them.  They gave the girls treats and ice cream, lots of loves and tons of fun with their dogs. Hailey and Addy were in heaven. It was the perfect way to break up the trip.



It was a crazy fast weekend, but we had a good time with great people.

6 comments:

Allison said...

Fun! I love the pic of Hailey jumping, that would be Kalea most of the time too. It is so hard to get a picture of them just still...someday.

The Staheli's said...

SO SO SO GLAD you guys could come!!! I'm sorry if I was a stress case that morning...haha! I guess it's just how the cookie crumbles. But you guys made it so enjoyable. And I WANT that picture of the girls in the tub! A-freaking-dorable! :)

Valerie Mom said...

Great post. So glad I drove down with you and so glad you got a chance to visit with grandparents. Time flies and then for some it is gone! Way cute pictures.

Marce said...

i know you know this...but man, your girls are strikingly beautiful. that picture of them in their swimsuits together on the rock.....wow! they are going to be heartbreakders! They're gorgeous like their mama. Miss you, friend! Sending you a hug.

Carmen said...

love all the pictures, especially the bathtub and the crazy Hailey one. That made me laugh out loud! I am so glad you guys went, I think it was a great decision. Those girls have so much fun together.

Kristy said...

Fun! I'm glad you had a good trip. And I love that pic of H moving at light speed-classic! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever and a day--let's do something about that soon! :)