Thursday, May 17, 2012

Not Normal...

When you think of little girls, you think flowers, hairstyles, dresses, shoes, barbies, dolls, etc. The list goes on, right? 

Do you ever think girls and bugs or girls and snakes or girls and dirt?  What about girls and worms??

My little Hailey has a serious obsession with all things gross. At least in my mind. She has several bug catchers which are usually my Tupperware which I end up having to throw away because the thought of putting food in them after a slimy creature just isn't right.  

Last Saturday was no different from the usual 'Hunt' for bugs as she calls it. They had helped Nate wash his car, then went around looking for bugs. While I sat with my lazy self and watched I enjoyed the moment and watched as my sweet little girls helped their daddy on a hot and sunny afternoon. I was enjoying my snapshots I was saving in my brain when Hailey came to me excited to show me her newest collection...




Yep. I was pretty disgusted. She went and got a container to put them in and made them a home with dirt, plant leaves and water. ICK! Silly girl.

I realize some people have differing opinions about washing your own car and how it might be bad for the environment. Well, how are you suppose to wash an OLD convertible that doesn't have a top at a car wash?  UH-HUH! Gotcha on that one!
So shoot us! We enjoy teaching our kids how to wash their own vehicle without them getting blasted to the wall by the force of the car wash wands. :-)

Also, this was the first time Nate has cleaned this car since he bought it 15 years ago.
He was pretty excited about it. Don't let this fool you. He has done quite a bit of work on this car. You can't really tell because it's old and looks pretty beat up, but the engine is all chromed out and many other things have taken a toll on the old wallet, if you know what I mean. Hopefully we can get it restored and lookin' good.
There was only one problem. When he tried to pull it back up into the driveway and into the garage, it wouldn't go. Yep, the transmission died. Lovely.
So, we had to park it on the side of our house, hope it wouldn't get ticketed and call a tow company to take it to a shop. At least I have my garage back... for a few days anyways.




1964 Chevy Impala Convertible

4 comments:

Allison said...

I love that car. The end.

The Staheli's said...

HAHA! Sick...and so awesome. We love your girls and their "uncommon" fun. Oh...and tell Nate to ditch the stache... ;)

Scott and Valerie Johnson said...

So glad the '64 is going to be up and running. Hope you get it done to make a few car shows this summer. I'm not sure how it will look with 3 car seats?

Carmen said...

haha, this is hilarious. The worms are gross! I don't have a problem with people washing their own car. I think it's great. I do have a problem with people turning their stereo up as loud as it goes while my baby is sleeping which is what was happening when I posted what I did on FB about the environment (you don't even have fb, how do you know these things:)?). The fact is, it is better for the environment to use a carwash...but not as much fun, just don't wake my baby up to do it however you do, ha ha. It's kind of hilarious that Nate's car died the first time he pulled it out to wash it.