Sunday, November 23, 2008

Just another poop story...

Picture this: McDonalds Playland, Saturday afternoon, extremely packed.

I'm sitting at a table with my cousin, Jessica talking while our kids played and babies sat in their car seats. At one point, I hear Hailey say "Mommy, Look!"

I turn around and witness my two year old standing totally naked from the waste down with poop all over her butt.

Yep.... she sure did... she stripped down in the middle of McDonalds after pooping in her diaper.

ABSOLUTELY mortified, I grab her, pull her to our table before noticing the NASTY diaper she left sitting on the floor next to .... wait for it.. wait for it... YEP.. a nasty PILE of poop! ... ON THE FLOOR! I grab up what I can with the diaper, head back to our table, meanwhile, people are trying to eat, with a sick stench now permeating the room.

It takes almost a whole thing of wipes practically to clean her up. In a panic, i'm not sure I should pick her up (carefully, mind you.. there IS poop everywhere) and take her to the OPPOSITE end of McDonalds to the bathroom and let EVERYONE get a nice whiff of her bum.. OR clean her up right there at our table...

So, I just hurry and get her cleaned up, explain to her ALL the reasons that is SO wrong, all the while she's looking at me like "would you please hurry up so I can go play????"

Meanwhile, my cousin is just laughing and in an attempt to console me says "at least she did it down here and not up there where she then would slide down a slide with a poopy bum! Thank goodness for that!

Needless to say, we left in a hurry after that.

I feel bad for trying to hold her off from being potty trained, but since we have a VERY long trip coming up this week, it isn't the best timing. UGH!

Signing off,
Mortified Mom

5 comments:

The Staheli's said...

I literally have tears in my eyes...from laughing. I don't blame you for being mortified, but thank you for sharing and letting me get a good laugh out of it. ;) What did Nate say!!?? Since he didn't have to deal with it, I'm sure he was highly amused. :P

rogersfam said...

Oh my! I'm guessing it wasn't quite one of those Kodak moments. YUCK! Have fun on your trip. If you need a break give me a call and we can meet somewhere. Be safe!

Marce said...

hilarious, and glad it wasn't me :)
sorry i wasn't there yesterday...Ellie has been SICK...so i haven't really been functioning to my normal capacity...and realized that i never let you guys know we had a missionary homecoming yesterday for one of my cousins. anyway, i love you and am so glad you always make me laugh :)
hope she doesn't poop like that on the carride to LA!! (or in the house with all those peeps!)

Mandie said...

This is the greatest story. Mortifying yes...but wait to you tell it to her future hubby some day. Love it and thanks for sharing.

Ammo and Josh said...

OMG! That is hysterical. Thanks for a good chuckle!