Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Those Blasted Stairs!!!!!!!!

So, a week ago, I fell down the stairs. Let me paint you the picture. I had gone into the office to get Addy up from her crib and finish getting her ready for church. I start down the stairs... one step at a time. I was wearing a knee length black skirt, black high heels and determination to get to church on time.

I scale the first small flight of stairs with grace. I turn to head down the second LONG flight of stairs, somehow lose my grip and down I go... Addy in arms. So, here's me, one leg in front of the other, surfing down our stairs trying to keep myself from flipping over forward... all the while keeping Addy in front of me so she doesn't whack her legs on the railing. After what seems like the LONGEST 10 seconds or less, I end up at the bottom of my stairs with my skirt up around my waist, my legs pretty much feeling like they are numb and unable to function and Hailey standing over me saying "you alright mommy?".

Nate just stood there with this blank look on his face.. when really I knew what was going on in his head. It is as follows: 'that was the funniest thing I have ever seen, however, if I laugh, Tiff will burst into tears and ruin her makeup for church, so instead, i'm going to bite my tongue and make sure she's ok'.

I'm sure it was something like that. So, I handed Addy to him after making sure she didn't have any war wounds and then slowly got up myself. It's a good thing we didn't have any visitors. That would have been akward. I continue to walk around limping and getting the diaper bag ready for church when Nate BURSTS into laughter. "I couldn't hold it in anymore!" he says. "That was the funniest thing EVER!" At which point, I admit to laughing as well and off to church we go.

This wound is the reason that every time I had to kneel down to change diapers this past week, I wanted to cry. It doesn't look like much, however, it is in the exact same place that I have had a scar from when I was 10 and scraped my ankle on the gravel. So sad...


7 comments:

Shantel said...

I am so sorry because I totally started laughing. After hearing that you and Addy really were okay. I just kept picturing Nate's face and could totally see him laughing. I do love you and have had lots of funny falls like that. Once I sprained my ankle. I was holding Skylan (7 months pregnant)and found a way to fall off our porch. Yes, fall off our porch. My neighbors all witnessed it. It was so embarrassing. I just wanted to make sure that Sky didn't get hurt. Love Ya. XOXO

Lia said...

Yeah, sorry here too,because I am cracking up...still...and Benson is standing next to me saying "What Mommy? What?"
On the bright side, you are obviously a very talented writer as I was able to almost be standing there at the bottom of those stairs watching you tumble towards me! Take care of that battle wound!

Unknown said...

Don't you hate falling! It makes me feel like I'm 5 again. And not the good kind of 5. I'm sorry about your ow-ee, I hope it heals fast. :)

The Staheli's said...

Okay, I admit...I was laughing too. I think that just means you are a good story teller. :) So glad you guys are okay...well besides the pain. Hope it heals quickly! Cya this weekend! :D

Cheri said...

Poor Tiffany! How sad. I'm sorry. Although you are a good sport for laughing and the picture of you with your lip puckered out is so cute.

Kris said...

oh man - I'm sorry but that description had me laughing. :-) I just laugh because I can totally see my clumsy self doing the exact same thing. Cute pj's by the way.

Marce said...

i like your pajamas.