Thursday, November 6, 2008

Movie Quoting

Nate and I have MANY movies memorized, and therefor, quote them often. However, usually, in mixed company, it's quite annoying to be watching movies and have people quoting them or talking during. (Yes, we are OBSESSED with movies, so we like to completely enjoy them.) Well, recently, this has been a ongoing thing in our home.

Our little Hailey has the most amazing memory ever. She has been really into singing songs before she goes to bed. She heard Nate sing Jingle Bells once the other day and a few hours later, sang it all by herself. Almost word for word.

Well, back to my movie quoting. So, i'm driving the other day and Hailey was watching The Lion King in the car. Her favorite part is Hakuna Matata. To my amazement... she starts quoting the WHOLE ENTIRE PART of the movie, including the song itself. Now, this can mean two things: either she has seen it WAY too many times, or her memory is incredible. I'm banking on the latter! :-)

Last night, I was getting ready to sing her songs before bed and I was laying in her bed with her when she asked for the Mulan song (reflections). So, I started to sing it and she sang the whole thing with me. I couldn't help but laugh because I was so amazed. I told Nate to come in her room and asked her to sing it again. And she did. We both couldn't believe it, then after we said our 'goodnights' we left the room laughing in amazement.

What a smart little sweet girl we have. Now, I don't mind the movie quoting so much.. especially when it's little Hailey.

4 comments:

rogersfam said...

Too smart! Kaylee started doing that, but she hums and adds a few words in here and there.
Well, you probably wouldn't want to watch movies with me because I tend to quote the line before it's even said. Bad habit I know!

Jason and Kristin Williams said...

Tiffany - it's been way too long since I've looked at your blog. I have been really bad at that, but your family is beautiful. Congrats on new little Addison - I know it's been a little while since you've had her, but she is gorgeous. It was fun getting updated - you guys look you're doing great.

The Staheli's said...

What a smarty pants. I love it. I'm sad we are missing the party tomorrow. But excited for Thanksgiving! Happy Birthday to Hailey! Our girls are 2!! AAAHH!! :D

Cheri said...

Wow! That is impressive! Hailey has talent. How darling.