Tuesday, January 6, 2009

#1 Reason I HATE the snow!!

As some of you know, I have something called Raynaud's Disease. It's nothing fatal or serious... besides the fact that I once got frostbite due to it, but that's another story. It's mostly annoying more than anything. Well, basically, its a circulation problem. It's really hard for me to be in cold climates because it causes REALLY bad pain in my feet and hands mostly.

At a visit to Primary Children's with Addysen recently, we found out that she also has the same disease, thanks to me. I feel awful for that.

This is why i'm so IRRITATED about it right now. Last night, after recieving MUCH unwanted snow, Nate challenged me to go out and build a snowman after he told me it was impossible because the snow was too dry. People, I come from living in MONTANA where you could make ANYTHING out of ANY kind of snow. Now, with having the dare thrown out there, he added that he would give me $100 if I could do it. He even showed me the cash!

I would be an idiot not to, right? Well, good thing I have a very competetive husband who would allow me to prove him wrong, all the while adding some spending money to my pocket.... which would probably end up getting spent on groceries.. i'm boring, I know.

So, I bundle up Hailey who wanted to accompany me and outside we went. So, as I got the first ball done, I couldn't take it anymore. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?????? My hands hurt so bad, I can't even explain the pain...

so, I ran into the house, almost in tears as I tried profusely to warm them up quickly, only making it worse, I failed. I failed at completing the challenge. Although I got ONE part of the three part snowman done, I still didn't qualify for my reward. STUPID RAYNAUDS!!!!!!!

Now, the frostbite story, that's for another day. I'll tell that story as soon as I get over my frustration at being two large snowballs away from $100.00.

7 comments:

Allison said...

LMAO Tiff really? I'll send you $100

Cheri said...

Sad.
Nate has a great sense of humor I can see. I think I am remembering your very sad bruise story from falling down the stairs... you two really have a cute relationship with laughs and love!

I'm sorry though... that would stink.

How are you? It has been forever. I hope you had a good Christmas! :)

Going Full Hippie said...

horrible! next time just holler at me and i will come over and help you cheat.

how i see it is a snowman is made up of 4 parts. the base, the middle, the head, and the face/accessories. you made 1/4 a snowman, therefore you should get 1/4 the payout.

my logic is undeniable.

JarednJenna said...

I vote a quaranty on the Johnson clan...

JarednJenna said...

p.s. Beaver, you gotta power through that...its $100!!!!!!!

The Staheli's said...

Sucky! Sorry about the loss of 100 bucks. Nate is so rude. I'm sure he got much enjoyment out of your pain...because he won. And we all know Nate is a fan of winning. :)

Kris said...

I had no idea! How frustrating though! But what a fun challenge (to begin with). :-)