Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Update on Little Addy


This past Tuesday morning, Addysen woke up and I found blood all in her diaper. So, of course, we took her into the doctor where they did a cathider to get a urine sample (which she was NOT a fan of). She was put on an antibiotic to try and kill off whatever infection she had. We were told to just keep an eye on her and her fever and if it spiked at all, to bring her in.

Well, I spoke to the doctor again this morning and the results are back that it is in fact a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) which is what they were worried about. Apparently, it's very serious if a child gets one before puberty, especially an infant. The biggest concern is kidney damage. I will explain momentarily.

Back to the antibiotic. The one they had given her, they also got the results back from the strands in her urine sample that it is not working to kill off the infection. So, they have now changed her antibiotic to something they have tested and know will work for her. So, hopefully soon enough, we can get her feeling better.

Now back to the kidney issue. Because of the great concern, they have made an appointment for the 15th to have some further tests run at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center.. yes, this is a seperate appointment from the cardiologist we are seeing on the 26th! What they will have to do is two things: 1. an ultrasound on her kidneys to see if there is damage on her kidneys and the extent of it... 2. they have to perform a VCUG which basically means to shoot some dye into her bladder to see if it does opposite of what it is suppose to do and if it does, that also means there is damage to her kidneys. THEN, we go from there.

Ugh.. I'm not sure when this snowball effect of trials for this poor sweet girl will end but we are hoping and praying it will be soon. We'll keep you updated.

8 comments:

Torrie and the girls said...

We are thinking about you guys and you're definitely in our prayers, we hope everything goes well at both appts.

The Staheli's said...

I'm sorry Tiff. I was really hoping that it wouldn't be UTI and the news would be better. We'll continue to keep Addy and your family in our prayers. Give her a kiss for us!

Kris said...

Holy smokes. Poor girl (and poor mom and dad too!). You're in our prayers. Please, please let me know what I can do to help!

Shantel said...

I am so sorry. I hope that everything ends up being okay. I love that sweet little girl so much. I need her to be healthy for Daxton. Let me know if you need anything. We would love to watch Hailey for you too. XOXO

Claire said...

We have Addy and the family in our prayers as well. Please let me know if I can do anything to help you guys! Give Addy a kiss for me...

ps-we did get back but won't be at church for a while lol i can explain later (ok really we're becoming inactive)

Jess and Matt said...

Oh no, poor girl =( I am really sorry you guys are having to deal with all of this. We are praying for her and hoping for the best. She is such a sweetie. Hang in there. Thank goodness you have so many doctors nearby. I wish I could be up there with you guys right now.

Cheri said...

Oh Tif!!! All I can say is my heart aches... I am so sorry! I hope you are somehow feeling strong enough to face each day. We will for sure start pleading for poor little Addy. What a beautiful little girl who has been through SO much already!!!
All of our love to you all and our pleadings to heaven.

Leah said...

Oh Tiff, I'm so sorry. Keep your chin up. We're here for you! XOXO