Thursday, January 15, 2009

Amazing News for Addy!



Today was a dreaded day. This morning Addy had her appointment at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center where they were doing tests on her kidneys. Not only was she a superstar, everything came back normal. Although all the poking and prodding, she is fine and so far, no damage was done to her kidneys.

We are SO relieved and can't thank everyone enough for their fasts and prayers. The team that helped us at UVRMC was AMAZING. First, Addy had to have an ultrasound. She wasn't too excited about it and was pretty wiggly, but it wasn't too bad.

Second, they had to send us down this really long hall to radiology where they were performing a VCUG. On our way down the hall, we were greeted by someone on the team who was somewhat of a transition nurse or something.. she had a bin full of toys for Addy and other things. She took us to the room we would be waiting in. She chatted with us for a minute till all the other doctors and nurses got there. I'm an idiot and didn't realize that Addysen had to be done with ALL foods and liquids 2 hours prior to her appointment, whice I had given her a sip of Apple Juice just before her ultrasound, so we ended up having to wait an hour before they could do the proceedure. This is where the tears came. After all the stress of worrying about this and sweet Addy, I just sort of lost it realizing how dumb I was. Thankfully, nobody made any issue out of the fact I was emotional about it.

USUALLY, people are so busy in hospitals that if something like this came up, they would just leave you in a waiting room and come back to check on you periodically. Not this time. The whole team of 5 doctors stayed with us the whole time we waited. They answered questions, played with Addy, gave her toys, gave us A LOT of information about all kinds of child illnesses, proceedures, etc... basically just sat and talked with us while the time passed.

I was very impressed. They all fell in love with Addy and Nate and I were very grateful to them for making it a good experience (as much as it can be). So, thanks to UVRMC! And once again.. thanks for all the prayers and fasting. We have such great support in our lives and we are so grateful for it.

Now, after not eating since 4am, Addy has just had her first bottle and has gone to sleep.. probably for a VERY long nap! :-)

We will keep you all posted on the results of her Heart appt. at Primary Childrens as well in a couple weeks.

6 comments:

The Staheli's said...

Oh, I am sooooo, soooo glad that everything went well!!! I was surprised to see this, since I thought the appt. was tomorrow. Crazy me!! :) But yay for good news. What a relief. I'll have to call ya so I can get all the details. Did they explain the reason for the blood and stuff? Ya, I'll call ya. :D

This is Us said...

I'm so happy to hear that everything turned out ok and it's nice to hear that you had such an attentive medical team. That isn't always the case. Give Addy a hug for us.

Marce said...

so so happy to hear the good news. she is a DOLL, it's no wonder everyone there loved her! babies just don't get any cuter than little addy.

Amy Berry said...

I'm so glad that she is doing great. I feel like such a horrible friend that I spaced of the day. We'll keep praying for the whole family. You all deserve it. Your wonderful!

Jess and Matt said...

I am really glad it went well. It's no fun dealing with hospital stuff with your little ones, I am glad you guys got through it okay. She is so cute, I wish I could see her again soon! And all of you, as well!

Claire said...

I was glad to read the update on addy and see that all is going well. we will continue to keep addy in our thoughts and prayers and hope the next appointment goes as well!