Thursday, August 20, 2009

Costco

Has anyone been to Costco lately? I have. In fact, I go to Costco once a week to do my shopping and it's one of my favorite stores. Nate basically works to support my Costco habbit.

Well, i'm a little frustrated. A few days ago, we went to do our regular shopping and in the holiday section they had some Halloween decorations out. Hanging above the decorations was a display of a GIGANTIC Bat. Not just any bat.. this thing is FREAKY looking. It has a pretty scary face with red eyes and is just creepy.

As we walked by, Hailey, of course caught a glimpse and was suddenly really scared and burying her head in my shoulder. At one point, we had to walk by it a second time and she crouched down in the cart with her hands over her eyes and asked me to tell her when it was gone. I knew at that point, we would have a problem.

Since then, while trying to put her to bed at night, she cries that the bat is going to get her. Nate even had to give her a blessing that night to calm her down. Last night, she specifically asked for another blessing to make her feel better.

Is it just me, or should those kind of things not be displayed in a 'family' type store??!! Now, I can't go to Costco till Halloween is over with my kids. I shouldn't have to find a sitter to do my shopping (although, that's not a bad idea! :-)

Even still... i'm a little frustrated that some stores display things so creepy at Halloween. I mean, I get that it's a creepy holiday, but reallY??? Why THOSE things? Can't they just display happy ghosts or even just regular ghosts with simple faces? Or scarecrows or pumpkins or jack-o-lanterns? Why the scary stuff that causes our kids nightmares???

Costco, if you're reading, please spare my kids the nightmares and restless nights and display something a little more pleasant! PLEASE!

Signing off,
Frustrated Mom

3 comments:

The Staheli's said...

Totally agree!!!! This happens EVERY year...and grocery stores are the WORST! I'm sorry Hailey was so scared and has been having nightmares. :( I'm glad that Nate was able to give her a blessing.

Carmen said...

I think you should call and tell the store manager, seriously! They are located in the heart of Utah Valley, that's their whole business is moms! I would call. I am sorry Hailey has been so scared too, that is so sad.

Kris said...

As if you need one more struggle with Hailey's bedtime right now! Lame. I'll gladly watch the girls while you go on your Costco runs! Just let me know and we'll come on over.