Tuesday, August 25, 2009

OUCH!


Obviously, it's hard to see in pictures how severe something is. But it's pretty bad. Here's the story:

Hailey and I wanted to make cookies today. We have pretty much been making cookies a couple times a week lately! But, today was a sad cookie day. Hailey was sitting on the counter and tried to swing her legs around to get off by herself when I heard a crashing noise of a cookie sheet hitting the floor. My friend Megan and I turn around and see a burning hot cookie sheet on the ground and Hailey crying. After a few seconds, her leg blistered up pretty bad and she was miserable. Then, after a lengthy conversation with her doctor, he told me what to do and asked me to keep a close eye on it. His main concern was that it's near a joint and if it's bad enough, it could cause problems with the movement of her leg if it doesn't heal properly. SO, we'll keep a close eye. If it starts to look worse, I have to take her in right away. Poor thing...

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Poor thing! That darn oven!

Torrie and the girls said...

That's so sad, we hope you recover quickly Hailey!

The Staheli's said...

Poor Hailey! :( Those burns are killer. I hope she feels better very soon. It's so hard to see the little ones in pain.

Carmen said...

This is SO sad! Was it the burner or the cookie sheet that she burnt it on? Gosh, that really is so sad and cannot be fun for either of you. Hopefully all will heal well and she will be her running, crazy self again. Let us know if you need anything.

Tara said...

Poor Hailey. I hope she feels better soon. Burns are no fun.

Marce said...

Poor lil Hailey! wish we were there to give you a big hug and a kiss!