Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Our New Toy

We bought a car. Not just any car. We originally planned on buying a truck, but since they are so dang expensive, we are going to hold off a few months. Nate found this sweet ride and we couldn't resist. Here's the low down...

-it's a 1967 Chevy Impala SS Convertible.
-we bought it from the ORIGINAL owner. (yep, you heard me)with the original build sheet and original manual. (HOLY CRAP)
-The only thing that has been changed is the paint. everything else is original
-the interior is beautiful. It's black and in GREAT condition
-we could fit a small family in the trunk.. good news. :-)
-it runs great and starts up with no problems.

You know us and cars.. we love them. :-)
At least its not junk that is in pieces and will clutter our driveway.

Try not to drool as you scan the pictures!










7 comments:

Garrit Jacobson said...

Amazing! I can't believe you bought that from the original owner and that they were willing to sell it. I would love to get an old muscle car, maybe when I finally graduate. Congrats, buying a car like that is like adding a member to your family. :)

Carmen said...

This is SO awesome! Are you going to park it in the garage? I would be so nervous to have such a beauty out on the driveway all the time. I bet Nate is so happy! Congratulations on the new toy, seriously! Come visit us so we can see it in live action.

Valerie Mom said...

N I C E !!!!!!

The Staheli's said...

Well...I have to admit that I did giggle, only because you guys transformed from truck to low rider. :) BUT, it's a very fun and exciting transformation! Can't wait to see it, and take a drive!

Tiffany Johnson said...

haha..technically, it's not a lowrider till it has hydros and has been lowered..but I know what you meant... you can just call it 'CLASSY' hahahahahaha! just kidding

Kendra said...

Wow! that looks like so much fun! I think i'd get too many tickets with it though :)

MEG said...

Dan sighs every time we drive by. He LOVES your car!