Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Someone Pinch Me...

It's been an interesting year. This is how most days go:

7am (or earlier) wake up with Hailey
7:30am get myself ready for the day
8am get Hailey ready for the day
8:15am get Addy ready for the day
8:30am get the girls breakfast (sometimes I have a minute for a bowl of cereal)
8:35am start the car
8:45am get the kids in the car
9am drop Nate off at work
9-11am run errands
11:30 get lunch made for the girls
11:50 get the girls in the car
12pm pick Nate up for his lunch break
1pm run Nate back to work while Addy takes a nap at home with my cousin Rachel
1:30-4:45pm clean, laundry, play with kiddos, etc.
5pm pick Nate up from work (sometimes its 6)
5:30 dinner
6:30 bath and getting ready for bed
7:30 head up for songs, prayers and stories

On Thursdays, my afternoon was as follows:

11:45 early nap for Addy
1:30pm get the girls ready to leave... Hailey for dance, Addy for Grandma's.
2pm leave the house and drive to Orem
2:30ish leave my inlaws after dropping Addy off and head back down to Provo for Dance.
3pm Hailey's dance class
4pm head back up to Orem to get Addy and have waffles for dinner with Grandma
5 or 6pm pick Nate up from work

Saturdays:
Nate goes to auctions in Salt Lake all day which leaves me stranded.

So, as you can see, sharing a car has been a challenge. It's been nice to not have any car payments and to spend some time in the car with eachother, but let's be honest... i've been driving around WAY too much. This schedule does not include random times when Nate calls and needs me to come get him to run some errands for work, etc.

We've made it work and i've gone through MANY moments of irritation with our situation. Yesterday, I wanted to scream to the world my excitement for what happened! Let me remind you, it's been an entire YEAR that we've been sharing a car.

We bought this:

2006 Honda Ridgeline



Especially now that baby #3 is coming, I'm so excited to not have run out the door first thing every morning!
Thank Heavens!!

6 comments:

Allison said...

Jealous! I am so excited for the day when we have 2 again!

Torrie and the girls said...

That was the car I wanted before I test-drove an Odyssey. I still want one but I won't miss having to lift kids over my head to get them into seats. Its beautiful and I'm still a teensy bit jealous- enjoy :)

Unknown said...

Your a Goofball!!

MEG said...

SWEET. Now Dan has something new to envy. You guys suck.

lol, just kidding. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Kris said...

Hallelujah! This is great news for you guys. Congrats on the new truck Nate AND Tiff. :-)

Kendra said...

I'm loving the new car! congrats!! and congratulations on the new little one coming your way! I bet the girls are super excited too! :)