Sunday, October 10, 2010

Facelift

You might remember our kitchen table if you've ever been to our house. Or if you've seen pictures on my blog like this one:


Well, I decided it needed a serious facelift. With putting my house back together after the 'big project' that can be seen here, I felt it would look much better if it were a different color. First, I needed an electric sander. I cannot tell you how excited I was to go buy my sander. In fact, I was so excited that I even called my friend Becca the night before to tell her I was going to buy it the next day. Yes, most girls like to buy clothes and jewelry with their extra money... I buy things like power tools. (don't get me wrong, I do love the occasional facelift on my closet as well)

So, after many early mornings and naptimes of sanding, priming, painting and curing, it is complete. There were a few times of begging from my little artist, that I gave in and let her help. She was ecstatic about it.


Her teacher at preschool pulled me aside a week or two ago when picking her up and told me how impressed she is with Hailey and her painting skills. I would agree. She does a pretty fantastic job.

I think it turned out pretty nice.



Oh, and to my 'craft night friends' I'm sorry I did this one without you, but it is so stinkin cute not to share.


Again, I got to use my trusty electric saw and sander for this gem.
I'm excited to find something new to create.

4 comments:

The Staheli's said...

It looks GREAT!!!!!! Well done, Tiff! And I love the bunk bed. It was fun to hear Avery and Hailey & Addy talking on the phone yesterday about it. :) We finally got a webcam so I'll have to email you our skype name so we can let the girls talk sometime. Good job on the table...seriously. I can't wait to get a table that is normal size & functional. Haha...

Jess and Matt said...

I love it! You did a great job! And it looks awesome with your new flooring! How long did it take you? I have been on the brink of painting my bedroom furniture for a few weeks now, I am just worried it's going to be one of those projects that is bigger that I think and that I will start going crazy halfway through. Any advice on how to make it go smoothly?

Kris said...

Looks so good and I like the rug you have it sitting on too. Great job! And I agree, the power of the sander is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Carmen said...

love it, it looks awesome! I might need your help with the old wood table we have in storage when I get back