Saturday, October 23, 2010

A little bit of Everything

So, there's been some stuff going on around here. I haven't blogged much for a few reasons.

1. my computer sounds like it's going to blow up. I need a new fan and being on it for more than a few minutes drives me crazy.
2. my keyboard is JACKED (sorry dad) up. Addy decided it would be fun to pick off keys and now a few of them don't work properly, particularly the 'o' key. It couldn't be x or z, it had to be a vowel.
3. my whole system needs to be wiped and re-loaded. It freezes when I transfer files or try to upload pictures. It's awesome.

Good thing I have a computer genius for a husband.  I got a good surprise today when he texted me letting me know that he had ordered me a new fan, a new keyboard and he was ready to wipe and reload it. YAY!!!!!

Hopefully next week i'll be able to get back up and running with some new pictures.

Aside from all that, I've had some new and fun things going on. Some things deserve pictures for proof, but for now, i'll just get it out there for rememberance sake. (feel free to stop reading at this point if you wish, the rest is mostly for my own fading memory)

- I made edible flowers for Hailey's birthday cake which are sitting on my counter drying.

- I sewed Addy's Halloween costume and made the hairpiece to go with it.

- I re-vamped Hailey's costume. It was made pretty poorly, so I had to re-do a bunch of stuff.

- I deep cleaned my entire house. When I say deep cleaned, I mean that I did things that have needed to be done for some time now, like re-caulking bathrooms, throwing a ton of junk away, etc.

- If you remember my last post with the pumpkin craft, I sawed and sanded (with my trusty sander that I love so much)  2 VERY long 2x3 pieces of wood into 8 sets of pumpkins to be crafted at young womens. I got a gnarly blister on my hand from that darn saw.

- I took the girls to the zoo with Summer and the kids.

- I've gained a new love of ZUMBA.  Let me tell you a little story about Zumba. When Zumba first came out, it was on VHS form. I bought them on an infomercial. Yes, I spend about $120.00 for the set. That was close to 10 years ago. So, I kind of feel like a Veteran when it comes to Zumba. However, now that I can take the classes at the gym, i've fallen in love all over again.

- I've read about 6 books this year, which is really good for me. I think before this and last year, I had read 0 books since highschool and I haven't been in highschool for 13 years! Now, I feel really old.

- I got Nate to read a book!!! Now, that's HUGE, for those of you who know him!

- I've been pretty much off of sugar for about a month. I've had a few bites here and there of stuff, but for the most part, sugar and major preservatives are non existant with my food intake these days. I feel great. My lunches consist of simple things like baked potato with nothing on it and steemed veggies or a spinach smoothie and I've gotten to the point where I LOVE it..  My sister in law Summer taught me the greatest lesson of dicing food and now I make homemade salsa all the time for my snack since it takes only a few minutes to do.

- I planned a pretty sweet surprise for Nate for his birthday. I booked 2 nights in the Red Rock Hotel in Vegas (more nights if we decide) and got us tickets to see 'O' at the Bellagio. The reason this is so cool, is just because I have a hard time leaving the kids with anyone but him overnight, so it's a big step for me and one that he never thought I'd do. So, he's pretty excited.

PHEW!!! That's a lot of stuff. But it's sure been fun. Pictures to come!

Any projects you've been up to? 

7 comments:

Yolanda Taylor said...

Tiff - you sure are a busy bee!!! I am about to start a project of de-junking... any tips??? I would appreciate them!

The Staheli's said...

Ha...projects!?? So not my thing. But yay for being so productive. Although, I did clean out under my bathroom sink last night, which was awesome. And we actually decorated for Halloween this year...kinda. And I'm in the process of writing 2 papers, so I guess that kinda counts. Nothing close to your superhuman powers. :) We need to go to a Zumba class together! Oh...and the no sugar thing sucks. Just give in. It didn't do me ANY GOOD anyways. *As I leave to go eat my muddy buddies* haha. Love ya girl!

Allison said...

Thanks for finally posting, I've missed you- seriously. Sounds like you have been super productive lately- I'm getting there, slowly. Steve rearranged the living room yesterday, so I can't take any credit, but I've been busy trying to make a QUILT. Yes a real quilt. I will post about it someday :)

Jamie said...

You've been holding out on me! Busy lady. I have a friend here that teaches Zumba maybe I should check it out. I'm impressed with the whole no sugar. I don't know if I could ever do it. Too many temptations with kids. I don't have the willpower. Totally jealous about the Hard Rock. Have a blast!

Marce said...

You're cute. Every time I think of having two girls, I think of you and your two beauties-- makes me so excited for all that lies ahead :) I can't wait to see what they're being for Halloween!! And ps I looove the new blog layout/ header. You're so stinkin creative, it kills me! Hug.

Valerie Mom said...

Tiffany, my projects lately consist of reading blogs and trying to recover from my anxiety from feeling like I can't measure up. You are awesome and I am jealous of your new sander. You are so talented and I love to hear about all the new things you are up to. I honestly don't know when you find time to do all the stuff you do, but wow. Keep up the good work

Kris said...

Wow you've been a busy lady! Way to go on the 6 books.... I envy you! And what a fun birthday trip that you have planned. I've heard Cirque du Soleil is AMAZING! Hope you guys have a blast.