Friday, June 17, 2011

2 Weeks in Review

Last week we spent in HOT HOT Las Vegas. It was a great time. We went to a place called Plant World. It's a plant nursery but it's not just your normal nursery. This place has exotic birds flying all over the place. Hailey and Addy loved it because every time we'd walk past a Macaw, it would say "hello" and then "goodbye" as we left it's presence. They are all just out in the open and they just hang out on perches. Some of the more exotic ones like tucans and such are in cages so they don't get disturbed by us crazy humans.  They also have a coy and turtle pond which is always a favorite when we go there. This time we went, they had these HUGE desert turtles. They were giant. They were bigger than the fake one Addy is sitting on. And they are just in this little area with about a 2.5 foot cement wall so they are available to touch. It's crazy. The best part... it's FREE! And it's super entertaining for the kids. These pictures were taken with my phone so they aren't great.




One night we went to another favorite called "Flip-N-Out".
Some friends of my parents own it so we always get a sweet deal.
It's a huge trampoline place where they also hold tumbling and gymnastics classes. The girls have so much fun at that place, but this time was different. About half the time, Hailey did the usual.. run around from trampoline to trampoline and bounce house to bounce house. The second half, she was so enthrawled with watching the gymnastics class.  She couldn't get enough. I think we might have to look into that. This summer we've got her geared up for soccer, but I think we might have to add a little gymnastics class as well.

One morning we went to the dinosaur park which is this huge park with a splash pad. We did LOTS of fun stuff and ate till we couldn't eat anymore.

Then, the day came when I had to make the drive home by myself. I always hate that day. I love to come home and be with my Nater, but I hate making that drive alone.
We got home that night, I realized I had to teach the next day at Young Womens so I spent the late hours of the night preparing, then as I was going to bed that night remembered that I had to be at a meeting the next morning at 7am. UGH!!!

Sunday night, I ended up so so so sick. I think I may have caught a bug that I might not have caught had I not been so tired and stressed and exhausted from the previous weeks.

Nate stayed home and helped with the girls Monday, then it's just been catch up time since. Cleaning, laundry, errands, etc.  

Today we ventured out to Seven Peaks and had SO MUCH FUN! I'm loving that I have the option to go any day we want.  And, it's much less scary now that Addy is older. Bring on the sun. And warmer days.

So, that's my 2 weeks in review. 

3 comments:

Nibarger said...

I did not know you had season passes to seven peaks! We do too! You will have to let me know when you guys go so we can come along and let the girls play!!!

Jamie said...

You've been busy! I'm surprised there aren't more pictures. So not you. Glad you had a good time with your family. Sorry you got sick that's no fun.

Kris said...

Glad you had fun in Vegas - but lowsy to hear about your coming back, that's always a downer. And heaven's sake let's go to 7 peaks!! Let me now when you guys are going (well, once we are back in town). Lo would love catching a wave with the girls.