Monday, June 27, 2011

Addy's 3!

I have so many blog posts to catch up on from recent events, but first, a note to my baby girl.

Miss Addy,
I can't believe you're 3. Didn't we just have you yesterday?  Last night I looked through your birth and baby pictures and I can't believe you are so big now. You are precious to me, baby girl. Your dad and I absolutely adore you. You have this little accent when you talk and it is probably the cutest thing ever. It makes me smile every time I hear you talk. Aside from what you sound like, you talk so well these days. It's amazing to me that after just 3 years of life, I can have a complete conversation with you.  Every morning when you wake up, you come stumbling into our room, holding your pink silk blanket and you crawl right in to snuggle in the warmth with us. You've always been a snuggler. You love to be held. This morning I said 'Happy Birthday Addy' to you and you looked at me a little confused and replied 'Are we going to my birthday party today again?' You didn't understand why we had a party a couple days ago but I was saying it to you today. One day you'll understand how all this birthday stuff works. :-) You are such a happy little girl and you are such a great little listener as well.  You absolutely adore your big sister and you want to do everything she does. Stay close to your sister Addy. Stay close to your mommy and daddy. Most of all, remember who you are and stay close to your Heavenly Father.  We love you baby girl. Happy Birthday!

Love, Mommy



We went to Seven Peaks Water Park this morning as per Addy's request on her birthday but we had her party 2 days ago on a Saturday. Addy asked for a 'flower party' this year, so we turned it into somewhat of a little swim party luau.  This year we kept things considerably small. In the past, we've held giant birthday parties for our kids and we decided to downsize a bit so there isn't always the expectation for a huge party.

The Cake


I was quite excited to make this cake. I made the cake itself from scratch. It's an amazing recipe. At least I think so. I also made the fondant flip flops out of homemade fondant.The little tiki men were her candles. The best part was that she loved it.

Swimming
Nate's parents were sweet enough to let us have Addy's party at their house so she could swim.





The Presents
(this is the funniest picture of the day, thanks to Lincoln)






My brother and his 3 kids along with my parents were awesome to come up from Las Vegas to enjoy this great weekend with us. We had amazing support from our amazing friends and family and it was a good time.







Addy, you sure are one VERY loved little girl.



These are lei's I made with popcorn, fruit loops and m&m's to give out as kids left the party.
Yum!!


It was a great party with yummy food and amazing friends and family.
We truly feel blessed to have such an amazing family and group of friends.

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!


7 comments:

Allison said...

Aw happy birthday Addy! Crazy, that means Kalea is almost 3 too! That went by really fast! Can't wait to see you and these girls at the reunion!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

what a cute idea with the lei's!! And that cake is so cute!!

Nice job!

Jess and Matt said...

Such a cute party, Tiff! I can't believe our babies are 3!! Time is screaming by! Miss you guys!

Kris said...

Happy Birthday Addy! I'm so bummed we couldn't be there - Logan would have loved the party. Looks like you had a great time and way to go on scaling back... I tried and failed this year. It's so hard when there are so many cute ideas!

Carmen said...

This looks like it was so much fun. We LOVE this cute little girl and are so glad to be so close to watch her grow up. Can't wait for all the fun at the reunion. Love ya!

Jamie said...

SERIOUSLY! She was just a baby a minute ago. I can't believe she's 3. Happy Birthday Addy girl!