Sunday, June 19, 2011

Nate = Amazing Dad

I absolutely LOVE Father's Day. Especially now. I love watching the girls get so excited to spoil dad. They love to help me plan his breakfast in bed, his presents and favorite treats. The cutest part is that Hailey always says every year that one of her presents to daddy is a HUGE hug. And she does just that.

This year was particularly emotional for me for a lot of personal reasons. I found myself getting lost in the moment at Sacrament Meeting today when Hailey was on the stand singing "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home". There's just something so sweet about watching your little one be so proud to sing to her dad.

Speaking of singing on Father's Day... I am always trying to find something new and unique to give to Nate for gifts. He is VERY difficult to gift.  He doesn't like STUFF. When I say stuff, I mean the kind that you buy cuz it looks cool, but ends up just sitting around collecting dust. I usually stick with a safe option like clothes, movies, dinner gift cards, etc. You know, something he can USE. Well, the boy has access to anything he could ever want so I don't dare buy him something retail, he'd shoot me. :-)  So instead, the girls and I came up with this:

Father's Day Album (featuring Hailey and Addysen Johnson)

Track 1
Track 2
Track 3
Track 4

It definitely was a hit. Hailey and Addy had such a hard time keeping this a secret. Nate loved it and I'm so excited to have this little gem to keep forever and embarrass them when their boyfriends come around. :-)

We of course got him a tub of his favorite chocolates: Chocolate Mint Truffles by Kara Chocolates. And a new shirt from American Eagle. Spoiled Spoiled Spoiled.

He definitely deserves it though.

A little note to Nate...

Thank you. Thank you for being the most amazing dad. Thank you for taking the time to play with our children. Thank you for being such an excitement to them every day. Thank you for taking their phone calls at work even when you are super busy. Thank you for teaching them the ways of life. Thank you for teaching them to be great people and for teaching them about the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Thank you for wrestling with them and for playing hide and seek with them. Thank you for aknowledging them when they yell things to you at your softball games. Thank you for singing to them at night when they request you over me. :-) Thank you for holding them when they are sick or sad. Thank you for loving them unconditionally. Thank you for knowing their language. Thank you for helping Addy learn to quit sucking her thumb. Thank you for teaching Hailey to sing the song "Bohemian Rhapsody".

I could go on and on, but most of all, thanks for just being such a great dad.

Happy Father's Day.


7 comments:

jandrach.blogspot.com said...

Um, this caused me tears. How precious! Happy Father's Day to Nate, he is one lucky guy. And seriously, Hailey has a beautiful voice!

Jamie said...

Cutest thing ever! Love that Nate taught her "Bohemian Rhapsody". He's one cool dad.

Going Full Hippie said...

Thank you for posting about how special it is to see the kids singing. It makes me feel so gratified in my calling knowing that I am helping to make the day special. Aren't daddies the best?

Carmen said...

This is an adorable post and I loved your note to Nate. He is a good dad and I am sure he loves that you notice all the things he does. I LOVED the singing, those girls of yours are awesome!

Kris said...

So so cute - I loved hearing their little voices!

Unknown said...

Precious. Such a great idea. Is that you playing guitar? Sounded awesome! Great job all of you!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

awesome to see what you guys are up to! Father's Day is a hard one. Brought tears to our eyes while Jacen sang w/ the primary too.