Thursday, June 30, 2011

Drum Roll Please...

I feel like a whirlwind of events have just happened and I can't keep up! So, I'm trying to throw them all on my blog right after another.


Last week I was impatiently awaiting the arrival of something I have been SO SO excited about...


THIS

My Blog Book!


I've been working on this little gem for a while now. And I am THRILLED to say that it turned out AMAZING!  
At first, I was going to do the first two or three years of my blog in one book. Then after doing some editing on it decided that I wanted to keep it to a year per book. I'm so glad I did. It's the PERFECT size and I cannot tell you how fun it was to read through it. 
It made it more clear to me how important my blog is to ME. Not to my readers, even though I love you all, but it made me really realize that I'm building a very important journal that I can keep forever. Plus, most my entries have pictures to bring them to life.  I had written stories about things the girls did or Nate and I did that I had completely forgotten about and WOULD have forgotten if I hadn't written it down in my blog.

I'm currently working on my next book and can't wait to finish it.



(the lighting in my kitchen is less than ideal, so sorry for the not so great pictures)

My sis-in-law recently made her book and had a few tips that I was grateful for. The main one that helped me was to just take a couple pages a night to work on. Get them edited the way you want and don't try to rush through it. The finished product is amazing and I am so glad I spent the money to do it.  For anyone thinking of making their book, I used the company www.blurb.com and all you have to do is download their free software and follow instructions to feed your blog into the program, then edit away. And Laura, if you are reading this, it's TOTALLY worth it. I'll bring it down next time I come. :-) 


The pictures in the book turned out great! I had to upload some of them again just because the quality from blogger wasn't all that great. Keep that in mind when editing.


I'm so glad I did it and I'm loving looking through it with the girls and reminiscing about funny stories and things that happened when they were babies. 

Here's to continuing on my blog journey and creating more books to keep memories alive forever.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

love it, it looks GREAT!

Danny and Amber Koller said...

That is awesome! I am going to do that. I love it!