Saturday, July 7, 2012

Mothers and Fathers and Tee Ball OH MY!

Has it really been so long since I last blogged? Yes, it has. I've been a little introverted lately. I haven't really been in the mood to blog, but I realize that I need to get in the mood, because there is a lot that I need to record.

First off, Mother's Day.  Mother's Day this year was one of the best. I woke up that morning to Hailey being so sweet and excited that it was in fact Mother's Day. I got lots of hugs, snuggles and kisses.  She and Daddy got up to make me breakfast when Addy came running in after waking up to say "Happy Mother's Day Mommy!".  Instead of staying in bed, I decided to get up and help with breakfast. I'm not one to easily go back to sleep in the mornings. Once i'm awake, i'm up!  

So, off to the kitchen I went while Nate and the girls lingered upstairs.  As I entered the kitchen, I saw a brand new laptop sitting on the counter with a note that said "Happy Mother's Day". I was absolutely ecstatic. If you know Nate, you know that he rarely keeps ANYTHING that's new. He sells new things. He doesn't keep them.  But, for me, he did.  I LOAD my computers with pictures, editing programs and digital scrapbooking and it's great to have a computer guy for a husband who knows what it would take for me to have a great laptop. He's the best.


(Hailey was very specific on how we were to pose for this picture- oldest to youngest)

Soon after I saw my surprise, Hailey and Addy came running in the kitchen with cute little cards they had made. We had a yummy breakfast complete with bacon, eggs and toast. Yummm...  It was a great mother's day. We ended the day with having a steak dinner at my inlaws and just great company. Aside from all the great treats that I had this day, I was just mostly grateful for the opportunity I have had to be a mother to two of the most beautiful girls. They are my life, aside from my amazing husband and I love them so much it hurts.

Second. Father's Day.  I was really excited about Father's Day this year. We started the day off with waffles and ice cream. Nate was showered with gifts from the girls and I.  This year we got him new softball stuff, a subscription to ESPN magazine, and a couples massage.  He was totally spoiled and completely worth it.  He's the best dad. He's the best husband.  I've said it before but every day he surprises me with how amazing he is. I know he's quiet around most people, but really, once you know him, you would know that he is the best human I know. I'm so blessed to be a part of his life. 





After church and after a complete emotional breakdown I had, (poor guy has to deal with me) we took the girls and a cooler packed with sandwiches and capri suns up the canyon to our first stop which was Squaw Peak.  The girls ABSOLUTELY loved being so high. They have always called it Pride Rock in looking at it from a distance.  After coming down off that scary road, we headed up to Vivian Park to spend some time and have a picnic.  Hailey managed to use her expertise bug catching skills to catch 3 butterflies that day at the park, all in full flight.  After our picnic, and spending some good quality time with Daddy on Father's Day, we headed home where we made some BBQ Ribs and mashed potatoes. Mmmm....





Nate is the best dad. One of the things I absolutely love about him is that he listens. That is something that guys generally have a hard time doing and he does it well. The best part about this quality is that he listens to the girls. Any time they have something to say, he's there to listen with his whole heart. We love our Nater.

Third. Tee Ball.  Hailey wanted to try Tee Ball and as you can imagine, Nate was pretty excited about it. Turns out, she's a pretty good little hitter. She's a much better hitter when someone throws the ball to her than her trying to hit it off a T.  She's a cute little player and enjoys it. She has this hot pink bat that she always takes to practice and to the games and the funny thing is, it's the favorite bat of all the players. :-) Even the boys on her team pick the pink bat. It's cute.  I love watching her in the outfield with her mitt that looks giant on her tiny hand. Softball is such a part of our lives and she's happy that we get to go to HER games as well as Daddy's games.  Most of the time, when she's not playing or waiting her turn to bat, she's digging in the dirt and not paying attention at all. I felt much better about that when Nate's mom informed me that Hailey reminds her so much of Nate because he always did the very same things.













2 comments:

Carmen said...

I LOVE this post, so much fun and lots of detail. You and Nate are awesome parents and it looks like you celebrated each other. I am so glad Hailey is trying softball. she is so much like Nate in every other way, why not baseball? I hope now that we are home we can come watch her play.

The Staheli's said...

Oh my gosh! I love all the pictures and little Hailey looks like such a pro playing ball. I'm glad she enjoys trying new things. So fun.