Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lil' Cook


I remember seeing pictures and hearing stories about how young we were (my brothers and I) when my mom started having us help in the kitchen. I appreciate the things we learned because now I have become someone who loves to cook and bake. I love coming up with new creations and recipes to try. Well, Now it's my turn to take what i've learned and pass it on to my own Lil' Cook. Hailey's absolute favorite thing to do is to 'help'. That includes helping me put my make-up on most days, however, the most fun she has is to help me cook in the kitchen. So, today, I decided that no matter how big the mess was, I was going to let her make muffins... almost by herself. I was so proud. Aside from pouring things into the measuring cup and cracking the egg, she did it all. She would take the measuring cups once they were full and pour them into the bowl along with everything else. Then she took her spoonful of batter and would drop it into each muffin tin. What a big girl she is. Then, when all was said and done, she even cleaned up by putting the brown sugar back in the cupboard and all the dirty dishes into the sink. Then we anxiously watched as the muffins cooked in the oven. After cooling, she and I enjoyed a blissful taste of blueberry muffins. Such a big girl.

4 comments:

The Staheli's said...

Oh my gosh. When I first saw that picture I thought..."who's that??" She looks SOOO grown up! Her hair is getting so long. What a doll. I'm glad she is such a good helper!

Leah said...

Drew is my little sous-chef. He loves to "help" too. It's fun.

Amy Berry said...

Your such a good mom, so many mom's would have thought of ways to keep the kids out of the mess rather then go ahead and let them make a mess. I hope I'm half the mom you are someday.

Marce said...

she's the cutest. love her hair like that!