Thursday, April 17, 2008

WHAT THE????

So i'm a little upset. Has anyone been grocery shopping lately? Let me tell you my story. I'm a little obsessed with knowing how much money i'm going to spend at the grocery store before I spend it. So, a while back, I made lists. I made lists from old receipts of what everything costs that I usually buy at Walmart or Costco. So, going through my list the other night..I knew that I would spend roughly 50.00-60.00 at Walmart and probably close to that at Costco. Off we went to the store yesterday morning. As I was adding things in my head, I could NOT believe how expensive stuff had gotten. Instead of spending what I had planned with my carefully drawn out list, I ended up spending almost twice that! TWICE THAT! Are you KIDDING ME??? Then we took our little treck over to Costco, and SAME THING! I ended up having to put much wanted veggies BACK because I was way over my spending limit for the day! UGH! Anyone else super frustrated about this insane increase in grocery prices??

5 comments:

melissa said...

glad i'm not the only one who feels like they're going crazy and the world has turned upside down! groceries are RIDICULOUSLY expensive-and the once cheap things are through the roof! I guess...maybe more food storage eating now? good luck!

The Staheli's said...

groceries??? What are those? Haha!!
Happy Birthday!! LOVE YA!

Dan and Ashley said...

Hey Tiffany! Hope you guys are doing good--its fun to see your blog and read about what you guys are up to. Little Hailey is such a cutie-pie! So fun!! I hear ya with groceries!! I wasn't sure if it was just a California thing or not, but it makes me feel better that people everywhere are feeling like that. It's crazy how much stuff is costing nowadays! I just close my eyes and shudder at the cash register and just can't believe the price!

Laisa said...

Tiff.....HOLY COW, I found ya!! I'm new to this & loving it! I can't believe how grown up Hailey looks....Lana is still so small (ha ha). We miss you guys - I can't believe baby will be here in just a few months....so exciting. Anyway, I'm so glad that I can check up on ya whenever now (haha).....by the way, I hate shopping - sometimes we just eat alot of left-overs (ha ha). Love ya!

Leah said...

Sorry. We will have a coupon class soon! I wanted to have one tomorrow but we have the worldwide service project in my ward. (And you guys are having a yard sale?)

There was an article in the tribune about rising grocery prices last week. Very depressing.

Let's plan on a class next week. (You can still get a box of cereal for under 75 cents! I promise! I'll teach you how!)