Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mini Getaway

For Nate's birthday this year, I planned a little trip. Just the two of us. I was super excited but also a little nervous. We've never left the kids for more than one night. And that was just once.

So, to make it easier and a little more cost-effective, I planned a trip to Vegas. I know what you're thinking... and yes, we go to Vegas all the time, BUT we always just hang out at my parents. This time, the kids got to hang out with grandpa and grandma and we got to go play. This is how our trip went.

Monday: drive to Vegas (with the usual stop in Beaver to let the kids play at the nasty McDonalds play place)
Tuesday: played at Damon and Summer's house, big family dinner with Damon and Summer, Jared and Jenna and all the kiddos.

Wednesday: packed up and left for the Red Rock Hotel.


we got there a little early so before check-in, we got some ice cream at Ben and Jerry's and checked out the hotel. Once we got settled, we went to this movie at the in-hotel theatre:


we had about and hour to wait before our movie started so we went bowling at the in-hotel bowling alley.


It was so nice because there was barely anyone there.
After our movie, we went to Islands for dinner... yum!


I've only been there once, when my sister in law requested it before being induced with her first baby.. that was a long time ago. It's now one of mine and Nate's favorite places. 
We went back to the hotel, I took a bath in the HUGE tub with it's own flat screen tv, while Nate watched a game. Loved it.

Thursday: slept in. (that was a great luxury) went to breakfast at the buffet at our hotel. SO GOOD!
went to see another movie.. 


why not go to two movies in 24 hours! we were excited that we had the option of doing that. When we were dating, that's all we did. We LOVE the movies. But, that's one thing that has had to go since having kids. We don't get to the theatre very often anymore.

After that, we went swimming in the SWEET pool at the hotel:



Then we went and got ready for our night out on the town. We got dressed up and went to see the show
  'O' at the Bellagio.


It was an interesting show. The performers were extremely talented, but Nate and I quickly realized it just wasn't our cup of tea. Which is a sad realization after how much those darn tickets cost. We walked around on the strip for a bit then went to PF Changs for dinner.

Friday: Slept in. Then, went to the buffet for breakfast again. Went and picked up our little ones from grandma and grandpas house and headed for home. 

It went by WAY too fast, as it usually does but we had SO MUCH FUN! I didn't take any pictures other than of our room, (which look exactly like the picture above) because I just didn't want to worry about carting around a camera. 
When we went to pick up the girls, they were excited to see us for a total of 1 minute before wanting us to leave so they could play with grandma. 
Everything turned out perfect and i'm excited for our next adventure.

anyone have any trips planned soon?





6 comments:

jandrach.blogspot.com said...

SO fun! I'm so glad you guys got to have a mini vacation from provo and parenthood :). I want to hear about the movies you saw!

Allison said...

If you guys want to meet us in the Mayan Riviera the first week of January, we'd be happy to have roommates, although we have dibs on the bed :P Sounds like it was a great stress-free mini-vacay!

Jamie said...

Jealous...is the first word that comes to mind. That place looks extremely fancy. Glad you had a chance to get away. You deserve it.

I wish I had a vacation planned. I honestly think my next chance to get away will be Nov 2011 when I come to visit you. Only 360 days give or take a few!

Miss you tons!

Valerie Mom said...

I'm so glad you had a fun time. The hotel looks beautiful and how wonderful to have a movie theater and bowling alley in the hotel.

Carmen said...

Yay,I am so glad the trip went well and all was great with the girls! I love that you went to 2 movies since that does seem to be one of those things parents miss out on, so it's great that you took advantage. I also love that the theater was in the hotel as was the bowling alley. It sounds amazing! Next stop.....the Philippines!!!!!

The Staheli's said...

I"m so glad you guys had a good time! We need to chat more...that's what I've decided. I miss you! Good thing we'll get some time together over Thanksgiving. Anyway, looks like a super fun trip! Great hotel too...