Thursday, January 13, 2011

Inseparable


I cannot explain the happiness that it brings us as parents to see our little ones be such great friends. 
Addy gets sad every day when Hailey goes to school. 
Hailey waits anxiously for Addy to get up from her daily nap.
They are kindred spirits and I love it.


At night, things go like this...
We take a bath.
We put jammies on.
We brush teeth.
We read a story or two.
We say prayers.
I sing a song.
Turn on the box fan. (background noise)
The lava lamp gets turned on.
Kisses and hugs, then night-night.


Well, an hour later or so, I usually go up to their room and do the following:
Tuck them back in with blankets that have been kicked off.
Take Scratch, the cat out of the room.
Turn off the lava lamp and any dimmed lights.
Turn off the overhead fan. (it makes scary shadows on the ceiling if its not moving)
Shut the door.

Well, a couple weeks ago, I go upstairs to do the usual, shut things down, and I found this...




then a couple nights later, I found this...



Since then, this happens all the time. It makes me wonder why we bought bunk beds if they are just going to continue to end up in the same bed.

Addy wants so badly to be just like big sister. When Hailey gets her backpack ready for school, Addy wants to do the same...



I love my girls. 
And I love that they can't get enough of each other.

5 comments:

Valerie Mom said...

So darling! They truly are so sweet. I love these girls!

Kris said...

So sweet! It's so fun that they're so close in age and so close to each other! Cute cute chickies.

Emily said...

This is the cutest thing ever! I so hope that I can say some of the things you just did about my girls. They are getting better I hope it can be like Addy and Hailey more. They are so cute.

The Staheli's said...

Love the sleeping pictures. Too cute. I hope they stay the best of friends. They are lucky to have each other. And Avery is lucky to have them as cousins. :)

Carmen said...

They really are the cutest things and it is awesome that they get a long so well! We love these girls!!!!