Monday, April 18, 2011

30 and Spoiled!

Yes, yes. I turned 30 today. Nate has been constantly reminding me lately that i'm old and i'm going to lose my hearing soon. It's all in good fun, of course. At least he gets a kick out of it. :-)  It was all in preparation for such an amazing birthday.

I woke up this morning to find some cute cards from Nater and my girls.



Nate took the whole day off just to spend with me.  He made plans with his mom to watch the girls for us all day and he took me on a shopping spree.

We left the girls at about 10:30am and headed to the mall. We spent a couple hours there, then went to get some ice cream before heading to the movies. We saw the movie Soul Surfer. HIGHLY recommended. We both really liked it a lot. Plus, it was a good sunny movie to watch on such a rainy day.



After the movie, we headed out to do a little more shopping. I was super spoiled. Then we went and picked up the girls. When we got there, they presented me with this adorable rice krispy treat and some sweet little pictures that they made.



We took them to Carl's Jr. (one of their favorite places to go) and got them some food and let them play for a bit before heading home. At home, Hailey and Addy were SO excited to see all my new stuff I got. It was really fun to see them get so into it.  After getting them to bed, Nate headed out to pick up some Steak Gorgonzola at Olive Garden along with some yummy cheesecake. Now i'm just waiting for him to get back so we can eat in peace and watch a movie!!

Hailey and her amazing camera skills...

My sweetie and me..



My sweet girls



It really has been such a great birthday. I owe it all to Nate for making my 30th a memorable one. I'm just excited that my next thirty years will all be spent with him and my sweet girls.

Here's to 30 years and going strong!!!





8 comments:

Allison said...

Happy Birthday! I knew it was someone's b-day today and I literally almost called you... creepy? Seriously. I'm glad you are old... er... I mean, more mature than me, you're like the older sister I don't have, and I guess your example is half decent :P Love ya!

Becca said...

Happy birthday!! It sounds like you had an awesome day. You deserve it! Go Nate! See you tomorrow at softball (if it's not raining again).

The Staheli's said...

Yay!!! Sounds like a fun day! Happy birthday!!

Emily said...

Your birthday sounded like a lot of fun! It's fun to be surprised.

Another thing I have to say is that your blog looks soo cute! I love the pictures and the way you did it.

Jess and Matt said...

So fun! Looks like you had a fabulous day! I want to see all the new stuff you got!! Happy Birthday!

jandrach.blogspot.com said...

Love it! I'm so happy for you and your new wardrobe :). I'm so glad it was a good day. Let me know when and where you wanna do lunch!

Yolanda Taylor said...

Belated Happy Birthday!!! Looks like you had a fabulous time! You deserve it :) You are the best!

Carmen said...

I am SO glad your birthday was so great. Good job Nate! He loves you a lot and I am glad that you got to feel it so much on such an important day. I also LOVE that you didn't make a big thing out of the number. 30 is great! I was in China with my co-workers on my 30th birthday...would have MUCH rather spent it with my hubby. Happy Birthday again sis!