Monday, April 25, 2011

EASTER!!


Easter was SO fun this year. 
Hailey and Addy really got into it and loved every minute of it.
The Easter Bunny kept their baskets pretty simple. They each got a movie that
they've wanted and a coloring book and a small toy.
Oh, and some candy too.

They woke up and were so excited to see what the Easter Bunny left them. Hailey immediately saw the candy trail on the stairs and couldn't wait to see what else was waiting for her downstairs.
(Nates family has a tradition of making a candy trail to the baskets)









After Church, and after Addy took a nap, we headed up to Grandpa and Grandma Johnson's for an Easter Egg Hunt and some yummy dinner with the family.

The Easter Egg Hunt is a BIG deal in this family. At least it has become more so, since grandkids have come along and spouses. It's a competition, really. A fun one at that.
The eggs are filled with money. Most are change, but there are some that have $1 dollar bills, $5 dollar bills, $10 dollar bills and the MOST coveted one, the $20!
After the youngest goes first, followed by the other young children, then the older grandchildren, it is then a free for all once the adults are unleashed.
It's quite funny.




still searching for eggs...


The big find of the day...


The Johnson Clan
(minus Carmen and Ben & Adam and Tonna)


Jessie got the $20 this year!
It was in an empty Krispy Kreme box in the garbage can.

Speaking of Jessica, check out their family pictures on my photography blog here.
ADORABLE!



Family photo op!


Super Cute!


Super Hot!!



Such a monkey!


Two peas in a pod...


Regan



Then, it was time for some yummy food!!!

Prime Rib Roast


Salmon


Roasted Veggies


Strawberry Shortcake


All taking a bite at the same time.


Such a great Easter with great people.

I watched The Lamb of God today in my class in Young Womens and it was the perfect video to watch to remind me of the real meaning for the holiday. 

To this day, I still have a hard time comprehending all the Savior did and continues to do for me.
It gave me great appreciation this day for the many blessings I have. The greatest blessing of all is my family and i'm grateful I have my sweet girls and amazing husband. Beyond our little joys are the rest of the Johnson and Luke clan and I am so blessed to be a part of all of them.

I hope you all had a great Easter as well and that the real meaning played a part in your hearts too.

4 comments:

Jess and Matt said...

Such cute pictures, Tiff! I especially love the one of you and Nate sitting on the grass, so precious! And holy cow, your hair is SO long, it's gorgeous, you are beautiful!! What a fun Easter Day!

The Staheli's said...

The girls dresses were adorable!! Love all the pictures...minus the goofy one of me. ;) Loved hanging out. See ya this weekend!

Carmen said...

This is so much fun. I love the pictures and this makes me so excited to come home. The one that really hit me....the green mowed grass. We haven't seen that in almost a year:). The girls look adorable and their dresses are so cute. I also love the picture of you and Nate. Such a great looking couple, how do you even handle it:)

Carmen said...

I know I already commented, but I just watched the video and REALLY loved it! Their reactions were priceless and Addy really is talking perfectly, she just never talks when we are on skype. I CANNOT WAIT to see these cute girls...Love you guys! Oh, and since I am commenting on Mother's Day...HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to one of the BEST moms I know!