Tuesday, April 12, 2011

ROXY G irls

I've been working a lot with the girls and CHORES around the house. They have gotten really good at FOLDING things. Towels, laundry, blankets, etc.  Every day, I have them make their bed, which consists of folding the one blanket on their beds. We've never bought them 'BEDDING' because the have always just been blanket girls. 


Nate and I decided that it's time they learn how to make a REAL bed. That's right, sheets, comforter, deco pillows, the whole bit. So, after saving up some credit at Bed Bath and Beyond, I took the plunge and bought them some new bedding.


Cute, right???!!




The girls are super stoked! And so am I!  I have loved this bedding since the first time I saw it. PLUS, the girls love it too. I was hoping they would pick this one out, and they did. :-)

(a little side note, they both came in our room together this morning and Hailey told us that she woke up from a bad dream last night and woke up Addy and asked her to come sleep with her so she wouldn't be scared.)

It made my heart melt. 

7 comments:

Laura said...

Very cute bedding! I want that for my bed now :)

The Staheli's said...

Super cute. And I just have to add...making the bed on the top bunk is the worst. And top bunk all Avery's bed is. Ya, didn't really think that through. Haha!!

Allison said...

I love it! And I agree with Jess, making the top bunk is brutal! This post gives me hope that at some point in the near future my kids might start listening and helping me! Yay!

Carmen said...

so cute, love it! These girls are so sweet and I love that they are learning these awesome tasks:). When I was in the MTC, President Hinckley spoke to us and actually told us to make our bed every morning before we left the house. You and your girls are already on top of that. Good job.

Yolanda Taylor said...

Very cute bedding and even cuter girls! You are such a good mom, teaching them all these things when they are young :) Carmen, I think Aaron must have heard the same advice from Pres. Hinckley because he still makes the bed every morning before he leaves the house :) It really does make a difference!

jandrach.blogspot.com said...

So darling! They're such cute little buddies!

Unknown said...

So cute!!! And I love the story!