Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Time Out



I've realized in the 5 years that I've had children under my wing, Time Out is a very important aspect of life. Now, as important as it is in helping children learn boundaries and discipline, I firmly believe that adults also occasionally need a time out. 

I feel a bit selfish in writing this post at this time. I have friends who are in much more distressed times than me but I also know that everyone has their different challenges and right now, i'm facing quite a few. Tonight, I feel as though I might throw up at any time, and it's not because i'm sick. There is just TOO much going on and i'm DONE.  

I'm done with a lot of things right now and one of those things is Photography. I have a few shoots that I've already committed to and i'm happy with that, but I wanted to get the word out there that I will no longer be doing photo-shoots. It's been a blast and I have loved it, but it takes a lot of time and that is something that I don't have much of these days and it's precious, the time I do have.  

I have things coming up in my life that haven't even happened yet, but are extremely stressful and causing some crazy anxiety. My weeks are literally PACKED and i'm pretty sick of it. My kids are neglected (not in the pure sense of the word, but in general speaking.. don't go calling the authorities on me)  :P and I want more time with them.  My time with Nate is very limited and somehow, as the mother and wife of this family, I need to figure out how to make this work better.  

I apologize in advance if I cannot commit to any needs that may arise, I just need a time out. Thanks for your understanding. 

4 comments:

Kris said...

Time out is a must - I'm so glad to see that you're setting limits and boundaries. Hang in there. And please let the girls come and play! Logan LOVES Hailey and Addy (so do I :).

Allison said...

Oh boy do I know the feeling. Hopefully more time helps you balance/juggle everything else, it's definitely not easy, but it can be done.

Unknown said...

Soooo...are we still on for tomorrow? :) Hugs girl friend. Code red? Maybe?

Emily said...

I just read this and now I feel SUPER bad! I'm sorry to make your life even more stressful.

But I totally understand, too. You have to find out what you can cut out of your life to simplify and make it work.