Sunday, April 15, 2018

November 2015 Johnson's in Puerto Vallarta

This day started out amazing! We had breakfast on the boat, then headed down to our excursion that was waiting.  We were headed off to an island near Puerto Vallarta called Las Caletas. This was a secluded beach that we went to for a day trip. It took about 45 minutes to get there from where our boat was docked. The boat ride there was full of music and entertainment. So much fun. Once we got there, we found our own beach spot and set up camp.  Hailey, Regan and Addy all got to go on a Zip Line tour and Donkey trail ride. They absolutely loved it.  After they were done with that, Hailey went out to swim and Addy wanted to go for a ride on a paddle board so I took her out on the water.  When we were headed in, I see Hailey waving at me to come in, then Nate doing the same.  We got back on the sand and I went over to see what was going on and that's when Nate told me that Hailey cut her foot on the reef.  I went to the bar they had on the island and the bar tender grabbed his make-shift first aid kit. It was pretty sketchy.  He wrapped her toe in some gauze and said to have the doctor check it on the boat. Well, it was hurting her pretty bad and she couldn't walk so she ended up on my back the rest of the day. I didn't get many pictures of Addy that day because she was with Nate while I was getting Hailey back to the boat.  Hailey and I waited forever to get back on the boat that took us back to the cruise ship.  Once we got back on the ship, Nate and I took Hailey down to medic.  They got us right in which is nice, but the doctor was obviously from a different country and we had a hard time understanding him which made us feel a little uneasy. They had to give her a shot right in her toe which was TERRIBLE then stitch it up, then give her a tetanus shot and an antibiotic. It was a pretty rough day for that little one.



























































No comments: