Saturday, December 29, 2007

Home for the Holidays


What a great Christmas. Although missing my family this year was obvious, I had such a great time with Nate and Hailey. Nate's family has great traditions that were so fun to be a part of. We ate WAY too much food and treats, which is ok, because it's Christmas. Right? Christmas Eve, we had our Pajama opening party which was a complete blast. And even though we are adults, Christmas morning was still majical. Hailey had a blast walking around to see (and help) everyone open their presents.We had so much fun with family and friends and we hope you all did as well. My poor inlaws were blessed with our constant presence this week when the day after Christmas, our heat went out and left our house a mere 62 degrees. Brrrr. So, we stayed at my inlaws in Orem for the past three nights along with everyone else who was staying there for the break. Yes, i'm sure my mother in law let out a huge sigh of relief today as we walked out the front door, returning to our now fixed and warm house. How easily we take things for granted! No heat? Last time I checked, that was something you needed in the middle of winter in Utah! Thank goodness it's working again!

3 comments:

Leah said...

That reminds me... I need to pay my heating bill.

Glad you guys had a fun Christmas. What are you doing for New Years?

Leah said...

Oh, and what did you end up getting Nate for Christmas?

The Staheli's said...

It was great that your heat went out...then the girls got to play for two whole days!! :D I'm definately glad it is working now. See, it's fate! It started working the day Avery and I left! Haha!